Sign in to follow this  
Old Titan

2019 Coaching Carousel

ORUalum

Dr. Cornelius

SDSU just lost the commitment of Caleb Grill (KS Basketball and Track athlete of the year) who signed with them over Nebraska, Washington State, Texas Tech, & several MVC schools. I assume he will follow Otzelberger to UNLV.

EagleManiac
On 3/28/2019 at 2:32 PM, Dr. Cornelius said:

I am ecstatic about this. 

Old Titan
On 3/29/2019 at 10:51 PM, Dr. Cornelius said:

SDSU just lost the commitment of Caleb Grill (KS Basketball and Track athlete of the year) who signed with them over Nebraska, Washington State, Texas Tech, & several MVC schools. I assume he will follow Otzelberger to UNLV.

Don't be surprised if he doesn't also consider Nebraska again, with new coach Fred Hoiberg.  A better school/conference/coach than UNLV, and closer to home.

ORUalum
On 3/29/2019 at 10:51 PM, Dr. Cornelius said:

Jenkins gets his release....

ORUalum

If the quick Henderson hire by SDSU was an attempt to keep the current players and commits....epic fail!

• Upvote 1

Dr. Cornelius
40 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

If the quick Henderson hire by SDSU was an attempt to keep the current players and commits....epic fail!

I don't understand SDSU's move at all. If the assistant couldn't secure Grill and Jenkins why not conduct a search? Now they may be stuck.

• Upvote 1

ORUTerry

Wonder if they have a signed contract?

ORUalum
15 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I don't understand SDSU's move at all. If the assistant couldn't secure Grill and Jenkins why not conduct a search? Now they may be stuck.

Needless to say the SDSU folks are not to happy with their former coach about right now. 

Here's an interesting read about an Austrailian  he has been recruiting for over a year at SDSU.  https://lasvegassun.com/news/2019/apr/01/shooting-guard-jonah-antonio-emerges-as-recruiting/

• “Prior to him leaving South Dakota State I asked him, ‘Do you think there’s a chance you leave?’” Antonio said. “He said, ‘If I do, it has to be a great situation. And if I do, I want to continue to recruit you and I’d like to take you with me.’ He wants what’s best for me. He said, ‘If UNLV is best for you and if you’re comfortable with UNLV, then I want you.’”  Otzelberger must have gotten his point across, because Antonio took to Twitter on Saturday and announced that UNLV is among his final three college choices, along with Seton Hall and SMU.

Old Titan
On 4/1/2019 at 9:24 PM, ORUalum said:

Jenkins gets his release....

Old Titan

Another new coach in the Summit League next year...former ORU assistant Kyan Brown at NDSU ought to be a candidate!

Dr. Cornelius
4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Another new coach in the Summit League next year...former ORU assistant Kyan Brown at NDSU ought to be a candidate!

Odd timing... but I guess any time is the right time to leave Grand Forks, North Dakota.

ORUTerry

Old Titan

Corey Williams AND Chris Crutchfield on the same staff - quite a recruiting combination for the Hogs!

Dr. Cornelius
On 5/24/2019 at 6:04 PM, Old Titan said:

Corey Williams AND Chris Crutchfield on the same staff - quite a recruiting combination for the Hogs!

Really surprised that (according to posters on ouhoops.com) OU wouldn't match Arkansas for Coach Crutchfield.

Old Titan

Adam Nelson obviously does not follow NDSU basketball.  If he did, he would know that (at least according to their fans), Richman was on a bit of a hot seat following the regular season, and until their unlikely post-season run, was likely not scheduled to receive ANY kind of contract extension from NDSU this summer.

• Upvote 1

Dr. Cornelius
19 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Adam Nelson obviously does not follow NDSU basketball.  If he did, he would know that (at least according to their fans), Richman was on a bit of a hot seat following the regular season...

😀 for some Bison fans this extension was still too much. Signing Shahid really saved Richman.

Hammersmith

Former NDSU and Ohio coach Saul Phillips ends up taking the DII Northern State(SD) job that opened up when UND hired their coach away.