Sioux Falls

Old Titan

And Omaha would be 22-10 going to the tourney, which should be plenty to avoid Dayton. Anyone else, not so much.

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

BREAKING NEWS:  StubHub Website Crashes In Wake Of Summit League Tournament Ticket Dump

I sure hope all of the SDSU fans purchased all-session tickets! 😳

SDSU's 79-76 loss is a total stunner.....there will be a lot of empty seats in the Semis and Finals if South Dakota or NDSU isn't there....maybe even if they ARE there....ORU can surely advance to the finals if the Good Guys can find a way to win tomorrow vs. the Bison....we have a shot.....still, TheEagleman would be very surprised if Omaha doesn't win this thing....they are good.....and probably a 14 or 15 seed in the Dance if they do it.....😎

Just an FYI....TheEagleman surely didn't think that WIU would win but I had a small wager tonight on the Leathernecks teased with the Over.....that gave me WIU +21.5....I just didn't think SDSU would be all that motivated....but still thought the Jacks would win by 10 or 12.....but this is a BONUS.....😉

Watched the highlights of Western and SDSU and Western's Gilbeck really took it to Damn.  They were very aggressive and really attacked the Jackrabbits.  The reign of SDSU has come to an end with them losing three seniors this year.

20 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman would be very surprised if Omaha doesn't win this thing....they are good.....and probably a 14 or 15 seed in the Dance if they do it.....😎

CBS Sports currently projects Omaha as a #16, vs. South Regional #1 seed Kentucky, in Columbus (OH). 

Omaha has a NET ranking of around 170.  It all depends on what happens with the other low-majors in their tournaments, but it's hard to imagine 6 other teams with less impressive credentials to fill those #16 spots. 

The Mavs would be a #16 of some sort, and if that's the case, wouldn't you prefer a trip to Dayton for a game vs. a similar opponent than to be one of the "top two" #16 seeds and get just one game vs. a No. 1?

Thought the Mavs would be a 15.....but Yes i would....Omaha would win a play in game....🤔

NDSU and Omaha both scored narrow wins last night and head to the finals....TheEagleman will be at the Sixers vs. Cavs game tonight and wont be watching....😐

I'm going with NDSU in a close one.  I think David Richman is the best coach in league, particularly this time of year.  Stunning that LakesBison and his ilk think that he needs to go.

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

I'm going with NDSU in a close one.  I think David Richman is the best coach in league, particularly this time of year.  Stunning that LakesBison and his ilk think that he needs to go.

OT You are absolutely correct. David Richman is an excellent coach and I would take this guy in a heartbeat. He has brought their team to the top and Omaha will have a hard time with ND. He is an XO coach and understands when to call a time out, and when to change strategy. Also, he is great PR with the announcers. Best coach in the league.ORU GRAD

TheEagleman will take NDSU and tease with the Over....I get 9.5 pts and a 140 O/U.....i like the Bison outright 79-75....😎

"There was always a narrative that we were a year away, but we didn't buy into that.  We just pushed on through."

Dave Richman, Head Coach

North Dakota State, 2019 Summit League Tournament Champion

It would be easy for us to say “it could’ve been us” instead of NDSU.  In one respect, that is true, once SDSU was ousted.  But in reality, I think that any team that had Vinnie Shahid was going to win this tourney.  And did.  

For ORU fans that haven’t seen one in awhile, THAT is a point guard. 

Just now, TrueBlue82 said:

It would be easy for us to say “it could’ve been us” instead of NDSU.  In one respect, that is true, once SDSU was ousted.  But in reality, I think that any team that had Vinnie Shahid was going to win this tourney.  And did.  

He really is something, isn't he?

So is Ward - HARD WORKER!!

Love NDSU's toughness and focus; easy team to pull for.  Figured Omaha's lack of defensive intensity would catch up with them, just like it did twice vs. ORU.