Sioux Falls

Old Titan

ORU’s upset of Omaha not only locks up the 5th Seed in Sioux Falls for the Golden Eagles, it also puts them on a collision course in the semi’s with SDSU, who were gifted 1st place by Omaha’s stumble. 

ORU’s Sunday opponent will be No. 4 NDSU, after PFW backed into the No. 3 spot following upset losses by both teams.

The Bison have struggled the last couple of games, but swept ORU in the regular season. Ought to be a competive first round match-up. 

Any update on Kearns?  I missed the game, but saw in the boxscore that he did not play and Malone was forced to play all 40.

I like the match up with NDSU....tough to beat a team 3 times in one season.  

TheEagleman thinks ORU may have a shot...but would still rather have drawn Fort Wayne.....🤔

2 hours ago, ORUalum said:

Any update on Kearns?  I missed the game, but saw in the boxscore that he did not play and Malone was forced to play all 40.

I like the match up with NDSU....tough to beat a team 3 times in one season.  

ORU Director of Sports Medicine John Joslin was predictably evasive about Sam's recovery during the "EOOC Health Minute" on the radio pre-game Thursday night, saying only that he is "progressing".

He said "playing our first-round game in Sioux Falls on Sunday instead of Saturday" was fortuitous, to give Sam another day to heal, but honestly the whole thing sounded a little pie-in-the-sky.

Reading between the lines, I'm guessing the prognosis is actually something like, "He's not able to play now, we can't predict how much better it will be 10 days from now, but he'll give it a go if he can."

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

Eman put on a clinic last night.  Expect to see him start when we play NDSU.

Obanor seems more comfortable coming off the bench anyway.

Well, they went 2-0 against the team that would have won the conference if they could have just split with ORU. That's got to give the boys some confidence going into "3 days in March." Call me crazy, but I like our chances. Expect a miracle!

It appears we will play NDSU on Sunday, March 10 with a 6:00 p.m. local start time or 7:00 p.m. start for all of us good people living in the Eastern Time Zone.  If we win we will then play Monday, March 11 with a 6:00 p.m. tip-off.  BTW we will be a 5th seed with NDSU the 4th seed.  Go Golden Eagles!

NDSU's guards have given ORU a lot of problems.  Without Kearns that would most likely continue to be a problem.  ORU has not won a tournament game since 2015 so it would be a big victory for the good guys.

Summit League

Omaha MavericksOMA
Purdue Fort Wayne MastodonsPFW
Oral Roberts Golden EaglesORU
North Dakota Fighting HawksUND
Western Illinois LeathernecksWIU
Denver PioneersDEN

CONFERENCE OVERALL POLLS
W-L GB PCT W-L PCT HOME AWAY STRK AP USA
14-2 - .875 24-7 .774 14-1 7-5 W4 0-1 0-1
13-3 1 .813 19-10 .655 10-2 8-8 W1 0-0 0-0
9-7 5 .563 17-14 .548 11-5 6-9 L4 0-1 0-1
9-7 5 .563 15-15 .500 10-3 4-9 W1 0-1 0-1
7-9 7 .438 13-16 .448 8-5 4-8 W2 0-1 0-1
7-9 7 .438 11-20 .355 7-6 3-13 W1 0-1 0-1
6-10 8 .375 12-17 .414 8-6 4-11 L1 0-2 0-2
4-12 10 .250 9-20 .310 7-6 2-14 L2 -- 0-1
3-13 11 .188 8-22 .267 6-7 1-14 L1 0-2 0-2

14 hours ago, ORUalum said:

Based on these percentages, Pomeroy has USD as a slight favorite to upset PFW in the 6-vs-3 game Sunday night.

Just don't see Jon Konchar allowing that to happen; but I guess I can see why an analytics geek might like the odds in that match-up

22 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Based on these percentages, Pomeroy has USD as a slight favorite to upset PFW in the 6-vs-3 game Sunday night.

Just don't see Jon Konchar allowing that to happen; but I guess I can see why an analytics geek might like the odds in that match-up

I noticed that also...I wonder if they are considering that a home game for South Dakota in their formula

The way the brackets fell, there's one "Dakota" team in each of the four games.  Could be an all-Dakota semi-final and final.  Wouldn't the Summit brass love that scenario!

I don't think North Dakota will pull off the upset over Omaha, but the other three Dakotas are either favored or formidable.

2 years later and Bill Haisten is still butt-hurt Sutton was not granted a lifetime gig after running the program into the ground.  He also seems to have utter contempt for Wilson and Mills.