Omaha at ORU

theeagleman5

This miserable regular season finally comes to an end tomorrow night at Mabee Center....TheEagleman has hardly been able to watch the past 3 games....just so ugly....hard to believe that ORU beat the Mavericks in Omaha two months ago but it did happen.....so much has changed since then.....after a 3-7 start....Omaha is now 18-9 on the season and still fighting for the #1 seed in the Summit Tournament.....with road games at ORU and Denver to finish the season they could do it.....not sure what the tie breaker is with SDSU if they finish in a tie....Omaha and the Jacks split their season series...but getting to this game tomorrow....if E-Man is back to 100% I think ORU can remain competitive....we will know in the first 6-8 minutes of this contest if ORU can hang in.....we need to get ahead and stay ahead.....fall behind and let's face it.....this team won't have the horses for a comeback.....to Coach Mills' credit, I don't think this squad has quit at all...we just aren't good enough and that will probably be the case again tomorrow night......TheEagleman expects Omaha to be favored on the road by several points and that's how it will play out....the Mavericks wear ORU down in the 2nd half and we will miss Sam Kearns......looking like a 6 seed in Sioux Falls for the Good Guys......Omaha 85  ORU 78......😥

Like several teams in the Summit Omaha can throw out 3-4 decent shooters at a time. It will be hard to compete if ORU still has difficulty guarding the 3-point line.

22 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

.....not sure what the tie breaker is with SDSU if they finish in a tie....Omaha and the Jacks split their season series...

Omaha holds the tiebreaker with SDSU; having gone 4-0 vs. No. 3-and-or-4 PFW/NDSU, while the Jacks went 3-1.

Omaha favored by 3-and-a-half, total of 154.

I'm thinking the Mavs cover by a couple of points, and a spirited defensive effort by the home team on Senior Night keeps the total just "under".

Something like 79-73, Omaha.

TheEagleman can't really see ORU winning this game although we could keep it close.....so teasing Omaha gives me the visitors +2.5 and taking the Over at 148....not a huge play tonight....but the Mavericks should take this one.....still hoping that the Good Guys can find a way.....guessing Kearns is still out but E-Man is a go?.....:tb-white:

ORU leads 39 to 34 at halftime. We are shooting the ball well and have limited our turnovers to 3. Our defense is really extending them - Omaha is having to shoot a lot of 2’s. We have 8 fouls to their 4....

• Like 1

#44 is killing us. We just can't get a steady stream of baskets. Too many mistakes.

Wow, what a comeback! From down 73-64 with 6:16 left to an 84-80 win.  That's a 20-7 run for the win.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

An unexpected home W for this Jekyll-Hyde ORU team...25 for E-man and this may just clinch the 5 seed vs. NDSU as we clip Omaha's six game winning streak.....😎:shield-logo:

15 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Omaha favored by 3-and-a-half, total of 154.

I'm thinking the Mavs cover by a couple of points, and a spirited defensive effort by the home team on Senior Night keeps the total just "under".

Something like 79-73, Omaha.

See, this is why I don’t bet:  who could have predicted such a lackluster performance from an Omaha team that had only lost twice in two months?  

The Mavs seemed baffled by ORU’s zone for the second time this year, and did little to discourage Nzekwesi when he got the ball on the right block.

Puzzling, but props to ORU for taking advantage of an Omaha team who, with everything to play for, simply laid an egg. 

When was the last time we had an atmosphere like that? The students were even leading ORGANIZED chants. Wow. Fun game. 

• Upvote 1

It sounded great on both ESPN and listening to Adam’s call on the radio network via TuneIn app.  As I listened/watched late in the game I was thinking we have not had that type of environment in Mabee in a long time.  Go Golden Eagles!

Lost (at least to me) in storylines of last night’s comeback win was that it gave ORU a winning record at home for the 18th straight season and 24 of the last 25.  To me, a home winning record streak is not something to crow about, because it should be an expectation (in fact, I expect an 80% winning record at home).  The big news is that this team AVOIDED what would have been only the 4th losing record home season in Mabee Center history.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Lost (at least to me) in storylines of last night’s comeback win was that it gave ORU a winning record at home for the 18th straight season and 24 of the last 25.  To me, a home winning record streak is not something to crow about, because it should be an expectation (in fact, I expect an 80% winning record at home).  The big news is that this team AVOIDED what would have been only the 4th losing record home season in Mabee Center history.  

• 85-86: 5-7
  • 87-88: 7-7
  • 88-89: 3-8
  • 92-93: 5-5
  • 93-94: 5-8
  • 00-01: 7-7

And....ORU has exceeded TheEaglemans O/U for wins of 10.5....I didnt think we would make it.....😎