ORU at Western Illinois

theeagleman5

Two of the coldest teams in the Summit League face off this Saturday evening in Macomb.....ORU has lost 8 of their last 11 and WIU 9 of their last 11....flip a coin on this one....TheEagleman has no clue....I am tempted to go with ORU especially if Emmanuel is back but can't count on that.....plus we played poorly in North Dakota last week and weren't even competitive against two teams we could have beaten.....The Leathernecks don't exactly light it up at home either....so who knows??....WIU needs the win to stay in the 8th spot.....ORU needs a win to stay at 5....WIU is probably a bit hungrier....but they stink....I just can't pick them.....going on a hunch here but I will take the Good Guys just because....close ugly game.......ORU 79  WIU 75.....:tb-blue:

Mills mentioned on this week's coaches show that Summit League teams with 7 days of prep time are 13-2 on the season. Western lost last night at Omaha while ORU hasn't played since the the 16th.

Great Stat, Doc....TheEagleman wasn't aware of that one.....you have just cemented my choice....being the more rested team SHOULD help....but with this ORU squad....who knows?....but it makes a ton of sense.....expecting the line to be fairly close....a point or two either way......🤑

ORU "Insider" needs to change his handle....🤔.....but if we lose Sam Kearns....well, that's a major problem.....😥

On 2/21/2019 at 11:55 AM, Dr. Cornelius said:

Mills mentioned on this week's coaches show that Summit League teams with 7 days of prep time are 13-2 on the season.

tenor.gif?itemid=7298121

No Kearns and No E-Man = No Win.....😦

ORU is +1.5 this morning with the O/U at 144. With the way we are playing and the injury issues its difficult to take ORU tonight....and WIU isnt very good either...probably just a good night to stay on the sidelines unless we get some news that E-man is playing....🤕

Kearns is listed as a “probable starter” on the SID’s pre-game notes for tonight.  But, this may mean absolutely nothing, and could be reporting the most recent starting lineup In order to keep WIU guessing...  E-man is not listed among the starters. 

Western has the big guy, Gilbeck, who leads the nation in block shots.  He gave our bigs some problems last time with six blocks.  So ORU will need some outside shooting in this one to open things up for K.O. inside.

Wow! Down 37-25 at half.

if ORU does not come back and win this game, and if Kearns is out for the season, I really think the 6th seed is where they will finish....