ORU at NDSU

ORUTerry

The Golden Eagles travel to frosty Fargo to take on the Bison Thursday night. North Dakota State is 13-12 on the season and 7-4 in league play. They beat ORU by 10 in the Mabee Center on January 26. They play 10 players and shoot 46.2% from the field; 38.4% from three point. 46% of their shots are three-pointers (279/608). Gotta guard the perimeter.

Link to stats:   https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/north-dakota-state/2019.html

Not sure TheEagleman is feelin' this one....tough road trip....when is the last time ORU won a game at Fargo?....if ever.......😏

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Not sure TheEagleman is feelin' this one....tough road trip....when is the last time ORU won a game at Fargo?....if ever.......😏

If they play up there as they played at home, forget about it. Very Uninspiring.  Just in case you do not know what that means, I made sure to look it up --not producing excitement or interest, boring, dull, dreary, drab, unexciting, and unstimulating. Sorry, Not much else to say about that game. I would hope to see some improvement after the great effort in South Dakota. Maybe they will use this as fodder for motivation. (readily available material used to supply a heavy demand) 😁

ORU GRAD

The one thing that stood out to me in the first go-around was the shocking lack of athleticism exhibited by NDSU.  That may explain why they've been so inconsistent this season:  if they're not hitting from three, they don't have a lot of other options offensively.  ORU basically let one guy beat them in Tulsa (point guard Vinnie Shahid, 6-of-9 on threes).

If ORU plays with the same intensity as at USD, and can defend the 3-point line, I almost like their chances in Fargo. Simply better athletes top to bottom.

The question for both teams may actually be motivation:  when you think you're basically locked into the middle of the pack in the standings the rest of the way, what exactly are you playing for?  The right to wear home whites in the 4-vs-5 game?  Both coaches could also be a little hesitant to show anything special that they might use in a first-round match-up. 

Could end up being a chess match of sorts; really can't fathom a final score or a winner.

All those OT points above are spot on.....a win tomorrow night will pretty much lock ORU into the 4 vs. 5 game in Sioux Falls.....and after thinking about it....not sure TheEagleman wants to drop to the 6 spot and likely play Fort Wayne again.....I would take our chances vs. the Bison.....that said....I really don't see us winning this game...I think we will get one game in North Dakota but it would more likely be on Saturday at ND in Grand Forks....not sure ORU has ever won a game in Fargo.....sure if we play like we did last Sunday and Obanor has another big double double and E-Man is back...ORU could surely win...but I think this is a tough loss.......but if ORU gets enough points.......I might just take the............. NDSU 80   ORU 75 ..........:NDSU:

ORU is 12-12 vs NDSU. The last win in Fargo was on Feb. 4, 2012. Both teams each have win streaks of three and four over the course of the series.

vs-ndsu.jpg

The last matchup was a turning point IMO.  After that game we completely changed the offense and our low game has been 78.  Any offense at all in that game an we win easily.  It was a grind fest.

Also, Eman was out and Sam was in his first game back and didnt start.

I think ORU is highly motivated.  We win by 10 unless the Bison shoot better than average from deep.

Will be interesting to see how this game unfolds. As Lurker said above, we were without EMan the last time we played NDSU and Kearns was rusty after being out for three weeks. We had a 5 point lead with 13 minutes to go and then (as Old Titan said) Shadid shot lights out for NDSU. We need to run our offense, take good shots and value the basketball. 

The fact that Malone has suddenly become a viable offensive threat has impacted the team and how Kearns and others can play. (Opponents can’t sag off Malone so much to help against Kearns, etc.)  Not sure if this is fools gold or if it will continue.... it has certainly made us more versatile. 

BTW, I noticed from the team’s Instagram account that we flew a charter plane from Jones airport tonight directly to Fargo. When was the last time we flew a charter flight?

GAME DAY!!!....NDSU opens as a 7.5 point favorite with an O/U of 145.....this is a tough one....I think that chartered flight instead of an 8-10 hour bus ride is worth a couple points to ORU....I am guessing that this will likely be a close contest so the points should factor tonight.....TheEagleman is thinking a small teaser play on ORU (+13.5) and the Over (139).....that gives me a real nice cushion in the event of an ORU loss....the game two weeks ago between these two only generated 124 total points...but I am thinking tonight will be higher scoring.....GO BLUE!!!...🤑

well, I just put alot of cash on ORU +7.5 ... if your big man playing?

I still think NDSU wins on home court, but it'll be a nail biter.  NDSU has a 4 game win streak, but vs WIU, UND, Denver.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

BTW, I noticed from the team’s Instagram account that we flew a charter plane from Jones airport tonight directly to Fargo. When was the last time we flew a charter flight?

That's fantastic - hope it helps, and if so, that they can muster a way to afford it more often!

7 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

GAME DAY!!!....NDSU opens as a 7.5 point favorite with an O/U of 145.....this is a tough one....I think that chartered flight instead of an 8-10 hour bus ride is worth a couple points to ORU....I am guessing that this will likely be a close contest so the points should factor tonight.....TheEagleman is thinking a small teaser play on ORU (+13.5) and the Over (139).....that gives me a real nice cushion in the event of an ORU loss....the game two weeks ago between these two only generated 124 total points...but I am thinking tonight will be higher scoring.....GO BLUE!!!...🤑

I'll bet you a Goldie's burger on the under at 145; I think this could be a grinder if ORU can manage any perimeter defense at all.

I don’t think they can stay at 56% from three in second half.  If they do, the Bison will have earned the win. 

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

I'll bet you a Goldie's burger on the under at 145; I think this could be a grinder if ORU can manage any perimeter defense at all.

OVER. haha

at game.  ORU still might make a run, but NDSU playing thier best bball of the year wow. 

Should be way over....love my burgers medium rare.....🤩