ORU at NDSU

ORUTerry

:shield-logo:keep fighting!!!

4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

I'll bet you a Goldie's burger on the under at 145; I think this could be a grinder if ORU can manage any perimeter defense at all.

in OT's defense....he did qualify it

ORU decided guarding the 3 was optional tonight

56 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

I don’t think they can stay at 56% from three in second half.  If they do, the Bison will have earned the win. 

they did it, 10-18 in the 1st half and 5-9 in the 2nd...

33 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Should be way over....love my burgers medium rare.....🤩

Silly me - I thought there might be some carryover in the intensity department from the USD game.

Instead, big step backwards on defense.  We've seen this movie before, and it never ends well.

Welp. I said we could win if the Bison didn't shoot above their average from 3.  They did and we were scrambling the whole game.

Rough shooting game for Kearns. If he hits his averages this is a nail biter.  

I wish we got the home cooking these other schools get. 

Likely first round rematch looming with the Bison.  I wonder if we come out in the zone to start that game.

18 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Silly me - I thought there might be some carryover in the intensity department from the USD game.

Instead, big step backwards on defense.  We've seen this movie before, and it never ends well.

Same circus different clowns 🤡 

ORU just isn't talented enough to try to outscore ANY Summit team... from SDSU to Denver. Have to get stops in order to win. A LONG LONG way from being competitive with the upper half of this conference.

like i said.  best ndsu has looked.  

our team is winning despite its coach which all us diehards want gone.

sad thing is, mgmt will probably extend him 1 year since hes beat the 4 worst teams in conf.

iif i were u, id  sit that dude of yours til tourney and surpise everyone

TheEagleman  set the O/U on wins at the beginning of the season at 10.5.....I took the under.....need one more win to get to 11 and before tonight I was sure we would get it....now....not so sure....terrible D tonight.....ORU loses but TheEagleman doesn't......will take that cover +13.5 and the game went WELL over.....real poor defense kept ORU from winning....we had our shots staying close until the final five minutes.....will need to pick it up on Saturday in Grand Forks....UND is terrible....well, the other good news is we got baseball this weekend.....GO BLUE!.....👌🍺

If UND did any scouting of this game, they witnessed a sure recipe for success:  take Kearns away when ORU has the ball, and make the other Golden Eagle guards try to beat you.

Basically, just cut the head off the snake.

another efficient scoring line from Obanor; 7-8 FG (1-2 from 3), and 3-3 FT for 18 pts.

3/4 into the game and he only had 3 shot attempts and 7 points. (his shooting % in league play is now 58-44-88) --- memo to the coaches and guards: feed this guy the ball