Fort Wayne at ORU

ORUTerry

7 hours ago, ORU GRAD said:

I was ready to leave last night when we were 15 down with about 7 min to go and watched them come back. The dagger was they should have been in man to man defense that last play and not allowed a 3 point shot. Just my opinion. With that being said, I have watched this club get better and seem to understand their roles better of late. I could be wrong but 6 and 10 seem about right going into tourney play. I did see D'Mario Jones on the sideline with the team and he has good size. Could be help on the way. Oh, that is next year.ORU GRAD

They were in man.  Mills said post game they were supposed to switch all ball screens.  The Ft Wayne big slipped the screen and our guys miscommunicated.

Call it coaching, call it youth, call it whatever you want.  I dont think it can be debated that this team is crazy young, has had a very tough schedule, and some ill timed injuries.  I was at the Western Illinois game this team was really starting to click.  The Kearns injury set them back and then Eman being hobbled was a back breaker.  I dont know they will get it back but they certainly could. 

Coach Mills seems like a pretty sharp guy to me but TheEagleman is 1500 miles away and not at the games....watching some on TV isn't the same so I can't really have a strong negative opinion.....but agree that this is such a young team.....so many first year contributors....I can't say anything negative about Mills until we see what happens next year....but right now this team is going to struggle to win more than another game or two....only two home games and one is vs. one of the hottest teams around in Omaha....hopefully we can right the ship vs. Denver then steal one on the road....otherwise we could be on the outside looking in for the Tournament.....💔

17 hours ago, ORUParentLurker said:

They were in man.  Mills said post game they were supposed to switch all ball screens.  The Ft Wayne big slipped the screen and our guys miscommunication.

Call it coaching, call it youth, call it whatever you want.  I don't think it can be debated that this team is crazy young, has had a very tough schedule, and some ill timed injuries.  I was at the Western Illinois game this team was really starting to click.  The Kearns injury set them back and then Eman being hobbled was a back breaker.  I don't know they will get it back but they certainly could. 

You are sure you saw the man defense but I just saw how open the shooter was. I have been watching this team and I see vast improvement but youth will still make Freshman mistakes. I didn't like the two guards coming in at the North Dakota State game and due to injuries, they looked lost and with no inspiration, However, the last game they worked hard down the stretch to get back in the game. I truly believe both the team is learning and growing and the coaching staff is learning along with each game. Should they be better? I think time will have a way of working these problems out. I do like this team! Also, Eman was not 100% and it shows and Lacis was out for this game also. If this team hits on all cylinders it will be a great show and I believe it will happen.

ORU GRAD