Fort Wayne at ORU

ORUTerry

The Mastodons visit the Mabee Center on Saturday winner of their last two (home) contests. They are 6-3 (3rd place) in the Summit League. Their three losses are against South Dakota on the road (73-87), Western Illinois on the road (58-97) and Omaha at home (79-85 in OT). They can shoot/score so we will need to guard the perimeter and keep Konchar out of the lane.

This one could be a high scoring affair so the Over (157) is definitely in play....PFW is a 3.5 point favorite so if TheEagleman takes ORU and the OVER it's +9.5 and 151.....I like those numbers because I think it's a gonna be a close one at Mabee tonight....the Mastadons appear to be back on their game but are a strange team for sure....ORU appears to have everyone back now and healthy.....I think the Good Guys will come to play tonight....could go either way but I will take ORU in this revenge game....PFW pounded us up in Fort Wayne last month so it's time for some payback.....this one goes down to the wire and possibly even overtime.....expecting big games from E-Man and Obanor...need 12+ from Weaver also.....ORU 88  PFW 85 in a good old fashioned run and gun contest....GO BLUE!!!.....:tb-blue:

Good-shooting teams seem to love the Mabee Center. 

What’s the over/under on 3’s by PFW tonight?  12?  15?  20?

If I had to go to battle with an all-star team of Summit League players this season, I would pick John Konchar first every day and twice on Sundays.

Home team woes in the final minutes continue:  Dons 89, ORU 83.

5 total fouls called 15 minutes into the second half......neither team is that good defensively.....these officials are terrible 

Another heart breaker, much like the Cal Baptist game.  You think ORU has it won and then the other team buries a late three.  Sam Kearns had the game of his life and just put the team on his back and carried them as far as he could.  

Ouch....tough tough loss......😓

I just watched the final shot again....not sure if Obanor thought Saunders would switch and cover Holba, or KO thought they needed to double team Konchar, but it left Holba wide open, end of game!

A real sad loss especially after coming back from a double digit deficit in the 2nd half....8-16....and 3 straight home defeats....looks like ORU is back to it's losing ways....remember that the O/U on ORU wins was set at 10.5 at the beginning of the season....doesn't look like Good Guys will make the over....good for TheEaglemans' wallet but not good for my heart....this loss will sting for several days but will try to shake it off and watch the Super Bowl later today....GO RAMS!!!....😵

All of the remaining games are winnable.  The worry is can this team do it on the road?  Itll be below zero up in North Dakota!

This week was tough. Show just enough to give hope but still fall short.  The guys must be sick right now.

1 hour ago, ORUParentLurker said:

All of the remaining games are winnable.

Denver this week in Tulsa represent ORU's last best chance to win any remaining games this season, including Sioux Falls in March:

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/oral-roberts-golden-eagles/projections

At the very least, it's the last game where ORU can be considered the "favorite".

After that, prospects for wins get real bleak, real quick.

Throw the rankings out.  This team has more talent then everyone left on the schedule.  The issue has been health.   If they can get right and handle Denver that could be the boost they need to head out on the road.  It should also be noted that they've actually had better late game performances in a couple road wins this season.  The heartbreakers have been at home.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, ORUParentLurker said:

Throw the rankings out.  This team has more talent then everyone left on the schedule.  The issue has been health.   If they can get right and handle Denver that could be the boost they need to head out on the road.  It should also be noted that they've actually had better late game performances in a couple road wins this season.  The heartbreakers have been at home.

I was ready to leave last night when we were 15 down with about 7 min to go and watched them come back. The dagger was they should have been in man to man defense that last play and not allowed a 3 point shot. Just my opinion. With that being said, I have watched this club get better and seem to understand their roles better of late. I could be wrong but 6 and 10 seem about right going into tourney play. I did see D'Mario Jones on the sideline with the team and he has good size. Could be help on the way. Oh, that is next year.ORU GRAD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORUParentLurker said:

Throw the rankings out.  This team has more talent then everyone left on the schedule.  The issue has been health...

The issue has been coaching, plain and simple.

Being healthy just makes it less glaring.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ORUParentLurker said:

ORU is currently at 6 D1 wins on the season... I still think that ORU will finish above last season's 8 D1 wins BUT in order for that to happen a win on Thursday is a must.

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

The issue has been coaching, plain and simple.

Being healthy just makes it less glaring.

I agree 100%. The lack of a tie was a huge oversight. Cost us the game.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SpaceManSpiff said:

I agree 100%. The lack of a tie was a huge oversight. Cost us the game.

After the late game decision-making I've witnessed during this winless homestand, I seriously doubt a tuxedo would help, much less a tie. 🤬