NDSU at ORU

theeagleman5

Bison in town for a Saturday night match up at Mabee.....they are 9-12 and this should be a fairly even game one would think.....NDSU lost badly last night at SDSU so it's been a long hard week on the road for the visitors....I would expect the road to get more unpleasant tomorrow night especially if ORU has Sam Kearns back in the line up.....not expecting E-Man back until February but I still think ORU can get past the Bison with strong efforts from Obanor, Weaver and Lacis/Jurgens.....the Good Guys have had 6 days off so they should be rested and ready......ORU 78  NDSU 71.....:tb-white:

NDSU is winless on the road this season (0-8), including that 15-point loss at Denver a week ago where they led at the half by six.

Which means the Bison no doubt have this game Saturday in Tulsa, plus next week at WIU, circled as their best chances for victories away from Fargo.

Dangerous situation for the home team:  gotta get the visitors down early, and keep 'em down, so they lose hope.  A close contest in the second half, and it's anybody's ball game.

Curious to see the Vegas line before making a pick...

TheEagleman expects ORU to be favored by a few....maybe as many as 5 or 6....especially because NDSU winless on the road....that's a telling stat.....if we had our full roster available I would be confident of a double digit ORU victory....but this situation could go either way....having the week off is good for ORU especially with the Bison having played all the way up in Brookings last night....long trip....probably by bus.....that's worth several points to the home team....I like our chances.....😎

NDSU is better than their record indicates... they have lost a lot of winnable games because their coach does a lot of really odd things like constantly subbing in 4 or 5 guys hockey style, playing an offense based on perimeter weave, and sitting their most dynamic player (Deng Geu) for long stretches.

😀😀

unfortunately us NDSU fans have thrown in the towel on this year.  theres a fire richman thread on bisonville,  0-8 on the road.  complete beatdown at sdsu,  lost to 8 pt halftime lead to 0-5 in summit play Denver .

so why do i get the feeling if i throw $1k on ORU +2.5 that ndsu will end up winning this.... hahaha.

I want this season over, get a new coach and hit the reset button.  Please ORU put us out of our misery. 

• Like 1

Impossible to pick any ORU game right now, with E-man out and Kearns at best a question mark if he plays. 

Malone and Smith "are what they are"; puts all the pressure on the four freshmen to be the difference-makers. 

We'll see...

TheEagleman is stunned that ORU is a home dog tonight (+2.5)....I expected us to be at least a 3-4 point favorite.....even without E-Man, gotta love the Good Guys and the over tonight (144.5 at the time of my bet)…..plus I get 6 points on each for the teaser bet....jumping all over the Golden Eagles to win....could be close depending on if Kearns is in the line up but still looking for the home team to take home the victory at Mabee…...NDSU just not very good this year.....GO BLUE!!!:circle-logoi:

I agree with what OT said, Smith and Malone are what they are.  In the South Dakota game it was Smith and the four freshman, but we still won.  Hopefully we can achieve a victory using that lineup again tonight.  The only bright spot is that after this year we will still have 3 more years out of those freshmen.  Go Golden Eagles!

Reporting live during tonight’s contest...

BREAKING NEWS!   least athletic team NDSU has ever brought to the Mabee Center.

BREAKING NEWS!  Not exactly an offensive masterpiece; good guys lead 16-14 with 7:43 to go in the half.

Let’s attribute it to great defense by both teams (lol). 

BREAKING NEWS!  Sam Kearns showing little rust in extended play off the bench; 8 points and good handles so far. 

ORU 20, NDSU 19, 4:52 in the first. 

BREAKING NEWS!  ORU really missing E-Man on the boards; NDSU making the most of second-chance opportunities. 

NDSU 27, ORU 24 at the break. 

14 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

As politely as I can say this, I am NOT impressed with either Saunders or Malone. 

Please make it stop....

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS!  “Golden Eagle Block Party!” in the paint keeping the game close; 35-all at 1st media TO of 2nd half. 

Weaver sighting!! LOL

15 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

NDSU’s coach wearing a blazer with a t-shirt

giphy.gif

Coaches Vs. Cancer “sneakers night”; all bets are off in terms of dress code.