North Dakota at ORU

theeagleman5

As stated previously....TheEagleman just has no idea how this game will turn tonight.....ORU seems to be ready to roll but every time we think that....the Good Guys seem to lay an egg.....ORU -3 right now with an O/U of 143.5.....perhaps a small teaser bet on the home team and over.....also thinking of playing SDSU at IPFW...that should be a very good game....I am liking the home team....may tease a small bet on IPFW with ORU......will think about that.....at Mabee Center tonight I am going to go ride the Golden Eagles one more time.....probably not pretty but ORU defeats North Dakota.....the Fighting Hawks just aren't that good....ORU takes it 82-76.....:tb-blue:

ORU has to fix its turnover problem. The guys must value the basketball and not give up possessions. This almost cost us the game against Omaha and has certainly impacted previous games. 

1 hour ago, ORUTerry said:

ORU has to fix its turnover problem. The guys must value the basketball and not give up possessions. This almost cost us the game against Omaha and has certainly impacted previous games. 

Turnovers + ill-advised shots down the stretch. 

There were at least three possessions in crunch time where ORU launched a 3 instead of taking a better shot or drawing a foul to get to the line.  Luckily, offensive rebounding and/or resulting empty possessions by Omaha bailed them out.

YEAH....those things all have me concerned.....🤔

3 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

As stated previously....TheEagleman just has no idea how this game will turn tonight.....ORU seems to be ready to roll but every time we think that....the Good Guys seem to lay an egg.....ORU -3 right now with an O/U of 143.5.....perhaps a small teaser bet on the home team and over.....also thinking of playing SDSU at IPFW...that should be a very good game....I am liking the home team....may tease a small bet on IPFW with ORU......will think about that.....at Mabee Center tonight I am going to go ride the Golden Eagles one more time.....probably not pretty but ORU defeats North Dakota.....the Fighting Hawks just aren't that good....ORU takes it 82-76.....:tb-blue:

I like ORU giving just three points at home, but I don't know about IPFW over SDSU.

The Jackrabbits put up 100 points on the road at Western last time out; they can just flat outscore people.

That's why I am teasing IPFW with ORU....so I get IPFW +11.5 and ORU + 3.....a very small play.....agree that SDSU is dangerous but I think the Mastadons can keep it under double digits at home....I think....lol😃

14 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

I’ve got us by 5 or 6 tomorrow as well. Should be a close game that we can hopefully squeak out in the end. I think this is a big test for coach. Last year we got blown out by EVERYBODY after they had a little tape on us. Can he continue to win games now that opponents have a scouting report or was Sunday a fluke? In the early stages of the season I was worried he didn’t have what it takes to coach up a team. I really have seen drastic improvement from then, and a 2-0 start to conference play would be a fantastic surprise after the way we looked the first few games.

While the jury may still be out on Coach Mills' bona fides as a bench coach, his game-prep tinkering certainly appears to have paid dividends of late.

As I've mentioned before, ORU's best chance for victory in any game this season is to have a sizeable lead at the 4:00 mark of the second half, so that one or two bad possessions due to turnovers/poor shot selection/erratic free throw shooting/lack of a go-to guy/questionable coaching moves/etc. do not mean the difference in winning or losing.

In a perfect world, those weaknesses would instead  just mean the difference between whether Eagleman covers the spread. 💰

Love watching Obanor. He’s got a lot of potential. A couple of really good moves from him in the post. 

19 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

IPFW up by 14 on SDSU with about 12 minutes left to play...

Obanor and EMan are a combined 16 or 18 from the field and 41 pts at the under 12 timeout. 

Well, Well....we have ourselves a basketball team at ORU....2-0 and undefeated in Summit League play after an 83-72 win at Mabee Center tonight over UND....TheEagleman is very happy with what he saw....E-Man finally living up to the potential with 34 and Obanor with 23......will wonders never cease.....and WIU coming to town on Saturday......for once I am at a loss for words.....:tb-white:

Nice win for the Good Guys.  I continue to be impressed with both Obanor and Weaver.  Loved the "3's" at the end of the game.  Even under pressure they looked very smooth.  Also loved how Big E stepped up and dominated.  Go Golden Eagles!

62% shooting from the field....74% FT shooting...only 11 turnovers......geez.....😮