Chris Miller transferring...

ORUalum

Geez....TheEagleman will really miss Millers' 6 minutes per game...good luck, buddy....😙

I assume this means Chris is leaving before the spring semester begins?

Hate to lose a local guy like Chris... hopefully he has success wherever he lands and ORU is able to use the open scholarship on a player who can make an impact.

Chris seems like a nice young man. I wish he could have solved his foul problems because he has talent; decent footwork for a big guy, soft hands and good moves around the basket. I wish him well. 

• Upvote 1

Best of luck to you Chris Miller.  Thank you for your time at ORU and all that you contributed to the program.  You will always be a part of us.  May God bless you in all you do in the future.

Too bad. I really liked him as a player, and he seemed like an even better person. Hopefully he does well wherever he goes. 

Last I heard, Jones was coming in at semester but red shirting. That could change obviously. 

• Thanks 1

Adam mentioned in one of the broadcasts that Chris and his wife were expecting, so maybe the transfer is mostly for family considerations as the Mills tweet seems to hint at.  Like everyone else, I wish Chris and his family all the best.

Who was the last Oklahoma high school player to enroll as a freshman and play four years at ORU?

If I’m not mistaken, it was CALEB GREEN, over a decade ago.  Or maybe Matt Gastell around that same time.

Since then, signing/developing/keeping Oklahoma prep talent at ORU has been about as successful as maintaining the West Wing staff.

Just consider the recent attrition rate among in-state signees:  Chris Crawford, Daquan Jeffries, Korey Billbury, now Miller.

It’s just one local facet of the overall college basketball transfer epidemic, which seems to be running particularly rampant at ORU in recent years.

Basically wasted scholarships:  no upper-class experience to show for any underclass development; placing an undue burden on recruiting each year to keep pace with the departures.

And in its current depressed state, how long will it take for ORU to field an experienced team, full of juniors and seniors; and not just this revolving door of freshmen, sophomores, and juco transfers?

• Upvote 1

I hate to see Chris go! I, too, wish him the very best--in basketball and in life. He has always come across as a true gentleman.