ORU at Omaha

theeagleman5

Opens in Vegas this morning at -9.5, but has already moved to -8.5, and even -8 at one book. 

Who’s even betting this game to make the line move?  

People with issues, I would imagine. LOL

One thing remaining constant is the o/u of 150. I would take the “over” in a heartbeat; Omaha frequently scores in the 90’s, and can really shoot the “3”.

It will come down to ORU’s zone:  will it clog the passing lanes out top and frustrate the Mavs perimeter shooters, or will they simply bomb away over it?

Best half offensively I've seen from this team so far this season:  ORU leads at the break, 49-38.

The stats are impressive:  63.3% shooting (led by E-Man's 7-of-11, mostly in the paint), 5-of-10 from "three", even 6-of-8 from the line.  And a whopping 21-5 rebounding edge.  Downside is 11 turnovers and surrendering an incredible 15 assists on 16 made shots by the Mavs.  That's from getting out of position chasing the ball around the perimeter in the zone.

Up 11 at the half....Omaha’s gonna make a run for sure, will ORU be able to withstand?

will ORU be able to continue the hot shooting?

Good guys survive, 87-84.  E-Man rimmed-out the front end of a 1-and-1 with 2.9 seconds left, but Omaha missed a half-court shot at the buzzer (they shot it too soon).

Some good, and some bad, down the stretch, but mostly good.  "Any road win is a good win!"

And the total of 171 was a good 21-points over the Vegas number.  Easy money! 💰

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

If there's anybody out there:  free live video on the Omaha website.  https://omavs.com/watch/?Live=185&type=Live

The zone is paying off so far for the good guys; ORU leads 28-18 midway through the first half.

Thanks for the info OT, that was fun to watch! Great start to conference play, next two at home, let’s go!!

BTW, can someone please tell me why Jurgens was in the game down the stretch?

After seeing little time throughout, all he contributed was an ill-advised "3" attempt, under two minutes and nursing a lead. 

Not what you want from a freshman in that situation!

1 minute ago, Old Titan said:

BTW, can someone please tell me why Jurgens was in the game down the stretch?

After seeing little time throughout, all he contributed was an ill-advised "3" attempt, under two minutes and nursing a lead. 

Not what you want from a freshman in that situation!

I thought the same thing....

1 minute ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

I thought the same thing....

My guess is, shaky as he was, at least his hair's not on fire like Saunders and Malone lately.

ORU's first regular-season conference road win since...

...their last regular-season conference road game:  also at Omaha, 83-75, on February 22nd of this year.

But, it was ORU's only regular-season conference road win last season; still plenty of time to improve on that record.

Nice road win against an Omaha team that is playing pretty good basketball. The fact that we came back after losing the lead is encouraging. 

Interesting stat sheet

We shot 53.4% from the field vs. their 47.0%. From the 3-point line we shot 41.7% (10/24) vs. their 39.3% (11/28)

To overcome our 18 turnovers (Omaha had 11)  we shot 15/18 (83.3%) from the free throw line - and out rebounded them by 14 (37 to 23). 

52BE3805-B9A1-4453-BACC-EC2387B169F7.thumb.jpeg.3c05606fb4fe9604c3a71e5503a30318.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1