Tulsa at ORU

theeagleman5

Just starting this thread with my annual TU SUCKS comment....LOL...would really love to see the Good Guys steal this one but it won't be easy....ORU will have to play its best game of the season.....Sat Evening before Christmas with other games on TV.....TheEagleman guesses that this one won't be very well attended.... ...:tb-blue:

Golden Hurricane an impressive 9-3 but This is only TU's 2nd road game of the season and they only have to drive about 7 miles....TheEagleman knows they have wins over OSU, Kansas State and Dayton but a that's a lot of home cooking.....Daquawn Jeffries is having a pretty good year and will be motivated returning to Mabee Center for the first time....does ORU have a shot to beat these guys??....I think so.....so lets do it!!........... 🤩:tb-blue:🤩

Tulsa is better than Wichita State, Missouri State, SMU, FGCU, etc.

Their main problem is Frank Haith’s overcoaching:  far too many substitutions, sometimes platooning 5 at a time. 

I expect something similar to Wednesday night in Wichita:  double-digit lead by TU most of the night, punctuated by brief ORU runs when TU has the wrong guys on the floor. 

But much like the other night, never much of a sense that TU won’t end up winning it.

Yeah....TheEagleman can't argue with OT's comments above....the only TU games that I have seen this season was a portion of the Kansas State and OSU games....they looked decent although the K-State contest was sloppy and low scoring....If TU plays as they have been playing this will be a 10+ loss for ORU....we will have to play our best game of the season and hope that TU is rusty and sloppy.....I am also not a Frank Haith fan....then again, Paul Mills isn't Rick Pitino (any chance we might talk to him about coming to Tulsa??...I guess not...lol).....TheEagleman thinks ORU will hang around for a bit as we did at Wichita State but we fall in the end.....TU 75  ORU 65....:tb-white:

TheEagleman teasing TU and the Under....-2 and 148.5...also have TU straight up -8....🎅

Surprisingly, we are ahead at halftime, 31-26. It's been ugly at times, but it feels good not to be down by 15 or 20 points. Maybe we have a chance of winning?

My first time seeing the guys in person this year and DJ Weaver is passing the eye test for me. He's taken several ill-advised shots, but his athleticism reminds me of the kind of player we saw at Baylor. I imagine as he gets more experience he'll turn into a impact player. 

Tulsa was not able to adjust to the zone in the first half. Lets see if that changes in the second half. 

We are passing up several looks down low to swing the ball to the open three point shooter. That works great when the shots are falling, but it also results in the free throw discrepancy at the half. 

Let's finish ORU!!!

TheEagleman would take an ORU win vs. TU over losing a few dollars any day of the week.....11 minutes to play and ORU up 8.....Weaver is going to be a good one.....:tb-blue:

That drive to the basket was just what the team needed. Got get more fouls called on TU. 

Obanor is beasting down low! Let's get the and 1 big fella!

ORU kept it alot closer than I expected.  The game was competitive for 35 minutes.  That's an improvement.

As I said last year....this series should be put on hold for 5 - 10 years.  It's clear the city no longer has any interest in the contest.

I was hoping to be able to congratulate Mills on his first Mayor's Cup victory, but it wasn't in the cards. Lots of lessons to learn for sure. Promising play from several guys, but at the end of the day we can't go on major offensive scoring droughts like we did in the second half. 

I enjoyed tonight's game. Interested to see how the guys do in conference play. 

Losing Obanor was a killer.....TheEagleman would have preferred an upset win over our cross town rival....would have been an awesome Christmas gift....but the big $$$ win will salve the wounds.....Merry Christmas!!!....:tb-blue: