Glenn Smith

Old Titan

I'm never quite sure how much to say re: medical news of friends of the ORU athletic program; always wanting to be respectful of privacy concerns, but at the same time sharing news that might be of concern to their friends and admirers here on the message board, so here goes:

I was told last night by a neighbor of mine who works at ORU that Hall of Fame athletic trainer Glenn Smith went through a scheduled, major procedure at Baylor Heart Hospital in Texas this week, and unfortunately ran into a very serious post-operative issue that required immediate repair at another area hospital.  I'm not sure which facility he is recovering in right now, but it sounds like he has a pretty long road ahead for a full recovery.

Please keep him and Mona in your prayers (and I'm told you can reach out to Glenn through Mona if you have her contact info), and I'll keep you posted on further updates.

Thanks for sharing this. Glenn has always been so gracious to me and I will be praying for his quick recovery.

Smitty is a fine man and always good to the TheEagleman in my years at ORU. Prayers going up for him and Mona...🤕

Praying for Glenn and family. May the healing hand of God be upon Him.24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds, you have been healed.” 1 Peter 2:24

Smitty is an awesome, man. Sending prayers his way.