ORU at Richmond

theeagleman5

TheEagleman is bored at work today so just taking and early look at this game to start some conversation....The Spiders are in the A-10 and having an up and down year at 4-5....they have beaten IUPUI and Wake Forest but lost to Hampton and Longwood....however, Richmond is usually very tough at home so I don't expect ORU to have much of a shot here especially the way we have been playing.....would expect the home team to be favored by about 8 or 9 points.....we will see how it plays out....any word on Obanors' availability or any other unknown injuries?.....:tb-blue:😧

You guys remember me?  I tried to warn you in the spring about Mills and where his program was headed.  All most of you wanted to do was challenge me about my info.  I see some of you are finally backing away from the Kool Aid Mills is serving.  I tried to tell everyone that the players weren’t buying what he was selling.  It was very clear after he took the  job that he was in over his head.  From the way he ran practice, to in game coaching, all the way to his treatment of players.  The cracks are starting to show.  Be careful standing near a crack it might turn out to be the start of something more .......

Not sure that TheEagleman can argue with that post above at this point....all I know is that I got my bet in early this morning at Richmond -10.5 and the O/U at 146.5......it's a teaser so I get 6 points on each.....also might just take Richmond straight up at that number.....I just can't see the Good Guys being very competitive today.....Spiders play well at home even though they are mediocre this season.....still this is probably about Richmond 83  ORU 67......tough times at 7777 South Lewis...…….😓anybody know if Obanor is playing today???

17 hours ago, ORU2017grad said:

You guys remember me?  I tried to warn you in the spring about Mills and where his program was headed.  All most of you wanted to do was challenge me about my info.  I see some of you are finally backing away from the Kool Aid Mills is serving.  I tried to tell everyone that the players weren’t buying what he was selling.  It was very clear after he took the  job that he was in over his head.  From the way he ran practice, to in game coaching, all the way to his treatment of players.  The cracks are starting to show.  Be careful standing near a crack it might turn out to be the start of something more .......

ORU2017grad you took the words right out of my mouth.  I remember day one I had a feeling something wasn’t right about this guy.  He has proven his coaching ability is very limited.   People here don’t know basketball so they accept that cup of kool-aid and lick their fingers for more blindly hoping things will improve. 

1 hour ago, #1ORUFAN said:

ORU2017grad you took the words right out of my mouth.  I remember day one I had a feeling something wasn’t right about this guy.  He has proven his coaching ability is very limited.   People here don’t know basketball so they accept that cup of kool-aid and lick their fingers for more blindly hoping things will improve. 

Really? I was watching the college scene with the likes of Jerry Sloan, Walt Frazier, and great championship basketball before you were born. Give me a break!

• Haha 1

Nice retort by ORUGrad….maybe the boys have bought in??....ORU up 29-20 in the early going at Richmond on 8-13 shooting....10 for Saunders.....we will see if they can keep it up.....only 13 minutes into the game....Obanor is playing today....:tb-blue:

ORU with only 2 points in the final seven minutes of the first half but host Spiders shooting only 24%......31-23 Good Guys at the break.....this is a surprising result....but still 20 minutes to go...hard to believe Richmond will shoot under 25% in the 2nd half...:tb-white:

2 hours ago, ORU GRAD said:

Really? I was watching the college scene with the likes of Jerry Sloan, Walt Frazier, and great championship basketball before you were born. Give me a break!

Looks like someone is in their feelings.  You took the bait hook line and sinker. The difference is you’ve been watching basketball all your life and not playing or coaching. That’s why you can’t tell that this guy is limited. 

Someone mentioned that Milton did not sit on the bench during the last home game.  Any word if he made the trip to Richmond?

ORU turnovers keeping Richmond in the game despite their horrible shooting percentage...

4 hours ago, #1ORUFAN said:

...People here don’t know basketball...

LOL - thank you for so quickly convincing me not to waste any time reading your posts! 🤡

• Upvote 2

Obanor and Weaver takeover last 4 minutes...nice sign for the future.  

Congrats to the players and coaches:tb-white:

The good guys took a punch to the mouth to start the 2nd half but kept their composure. Weaver's last few baskets were cold blooded. Obanor and Eman are probably our best offensive big man line-up, a very athletic duo!

Trying to recall the last time an ORU team won a true road game immediately following the finals-week gap?

Traditionally, “death by scheduling”.  Nice win...

P.S.  Also, the last time an opponent was held under 55 points?

60?

Heck, 70?

Go figure....TheEagleman loves this road win....😁

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Nice road win... but what do I know?

Hopefully you know not to lick your fingers after drinking Kool Aid. Because that’s apparently a thing.

• Like 3