ORU at Missouri

theeagleman5

To quote the great President FDR.....December 7th, 1941 is a day that will live in infamy.....well, here we are 77 years later on the anniversary of that tragic event and today we could see another bombing in Columbia, Missouri.....and it will be broadcast live on National Television on the SEC Network......less than 48 hours after leaving the court in a horrific loss to FGCU, the Golden Eagles will tackle a decent SEC foe in the Tigers of Mizzou.......this is just going to be ugly....I guess the final damage will be dependent on when the home team decides to clear their bench......TheEagleman found the early line this morning at Missouri -17 and the O/U at 138....looks like easy pickings for a major teaser bet.....Tigers and the Over....no way ORU loses by less than 20.....heck, we barely held FGCU to under 100 two nights ago......Missouri 94 ORU 69....🤑

TheEagleman sets the odds at 3-1 that Coach Mills shows up for his post game radio show.....😄

Check out that Twitter pic of Coach Mills with the two SEC Network broadcasters....do they really look like they are taking him seriously?.....😃

4 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Check out that Twitter pic of Coach Mills with the two SEC Network broadcasters....do they really look like they are taking him seriously?.....😃

No not at all...the one guy closest to him has that I'm not buying what your selling look and the other guy is like c'mon man.

ORU goes on a 15-2 "run" in the final 3 minutes of mop-up time to shrink a 29-point deficit into an 80-64 final.

And that, my friends, is the HIGHLIGHT of the evening.

2 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

ORU goes on a 15-2 "run" in the final 3 minutes of mop-up time to shrink a 29-point deficit into an 80-64 final.

And that, my friends, is the HIGHLIGHT of the evening.

Luckily @theeagleman5  got that early -17 line!

Honestly, as poor as ORU has been playing all that matters is the 2nd half and conference play. Shake off the non-conference, find the right combination of guys, and hope for a late run and Pierre Dukes type moment.

ORU was only down 40-38 with about 12 minutes to play and then the wheels fell off.  They played hard but then Missouri hit eight shots in a row and that was all she wrote.  

7 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

ORU was only down 40-38 with about 12 minutes to play and then the wheels fell off.  They played hard but then Missouri hit eight shots in a row and that was all she wrote.  

Very similar to the FGCU game, in terms of losing contact in the final 10 minutes of the game.

Gotta play defense and take care of the ball when games could go either way in the second half. 

Good teams - even merely successful teams - step on the gas when they need to, on BOTH ends of the floor.

Yes, that is true, but they left the zone and went man to man and did not keep the players in that got them within 2. Poor substitution and no timeouts and went from 8 points behind to twenty with poor coaching. We need to focus on about eight players that can stay in and play the zone which was tough in the first half. They can not play man to man defense. The 1-3-1 or 2 -3 produced good results. That's my take, and I am sticking to it — this poor 2nd half on the coaching. Tough zone out on the shooters and stopped many three points in the first half. I will take that first half effort and part of the second half all day long. ORU GRAD

The starting line up was interesting tonight. Weaver and Lacis at the 2 and 3. I think that line up in small doses could cause some problems in the summit league. Speaking of Weaver, the guy needs all the minutes he can handle, his length is disruptive to smaller guards and his shooting ability is excellent. He reminds me ( in regards to his length) of Yemi Ogunye with a lot more offensive potential. He and Obanor have been bright spots this year.

Yeah Weaver has a lot of potential at 6'8 and only a freshman.  You can see why a lot of teams such as: Arkansas, Texas A&M, etc. where interested in him before he got hurt in high school.  He seems to be developing some drive moves to the goal to go along with his outside shooting.  Just hope he never transfers.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...…….Big win tonight for TheEagleman…...I teased Mizzou (-17.5) with the Over(138)....so that means I get a 6 point cushion on each of those but BOTH have to win....So I had the Tigers -11.5 and Over(132)…..cha-ching $$$...I was a little nervous with the low scoring first half but the Tigers woke up in the 2nd....ORU did make a run at the end but the win was never in doubt in the final few minutes....so a real nice return tonight......as for the game....very sloppy first half but I thought the Good Guys kept battling and the first 8 minutes of the 2nd half we really gave Missouri a scare only down 3.....we have a few guys who can play....E-man is decent but he still under achieves in my opinion....Weaver shows a lot of potential and we missed Obanor tonight....that kid has some ability.....but Coach Mills came up small in the last 12 minutes....agree we need to stick to the zone....maybe he would do better if he wore a tie....and oh, TheEagleman loved the fact the Chris Miller didn't back down late in the first half when bumped by their center....bout time somebody on this team showed some stones.....the rest of 2018 is going to be tough but maybe we can win some games in the Summit and finish in the top 6......:tb-blue:

9 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...…….Big win tonight for TheEagleman…...I teased Mizzou (-17.5) with the Over(138)....so that means I get a 6 point cushion on each of those but BOTH have to win....So I had the Tigers -11.5 and Over(132)…..cha-ching $$$...I was a little nervous with the low scoring first half but the Tigers woke up in the 2nd....ORU did make a run at the end but the win was never in doubt in the final few minutes....so a real nice return tonight......as for the game....very sloppy first half but I thought the Good Guys kept battling and the first 8 minutes of the 2nd half we really gave Missouri a scare only down 3.....we have a few guys who can play....E-man is decent but he still under achieves in my opinion....Weaver shows a lot of potential and we missed Obanor tonight....that kid has some ability.....but Coach Mills came up small in the last 12 minutes....agree we need to stick to the zone....maybe he would do better if he wore a tie....and oh, TheEagleman loved the fact the Chris Miller didn't back down late in the first half when bumped by their center....bout time somebody on this team showed some stones.....the rest of 2018 is going to be tough but maybe we can win some games in the Summit and finish in the top 6......:tb-blue:

A certain ORU Hall of Famer tells me he's so impressed with your betting prowess vs. the Golden Eagles this year that he wants to buy you an adult beverage or two next time you're in town. 😎🎲💰

Lol....haven t been to Tulsa in 40 years but will remember that....I have had 3 big years since we got lousy betting mostly against ORU when it seems we will get creamed...remind him that I lost the Cal Baptist, FGCU game and James Madison contest in the past few weeks....but I have cleaned up vs. BYU, TCU, Oakland and SMU...all huge wins....so I am not Jimmy the Greek....I have a feeling we won't do very well at Richmond next weekend and most of the games prior to Christmas will likely not be competitive.....but will wait to see the lines....last night was the first game that TheEagleman watched start to finish......we have a couple of decent players....just need to get the right combo out there and Obanor back.....🤑