ORU vs. Florida Gulf Coast

ORUTerry

13 hours ago, ORUalum said:

FGCU shot 32% overall and 19% from 3 in their last game.  I look for their shooters to get right on the Mabee Center rims in a largely empty building.

FGCU wins going away 83 - 65

Nailed it. 

Just now, Old Titan said:

Does any of that explain away not signing a single legitimate D-1 prospect during this Fall Signing Period?

I think Weaver will be a D1 player and we have yet to see Milton and the non-qualifier

Just now, ORUalum said:

I think Weaver will be a D1 player and we have yet to see Milton and the non-qualifier

I’m talking about just 30 days ago:  signed one kid from Arkansas, with questionable D-1 credentials. That’s it. 

Just now, Old Titan said:

I’m talking about just 30 days ago:  signed one kid from Arkansas, with questionable D-1 credentials. That’s it. 

oops....my fault on misreading that.

you are right he is going to need more bodies...….I fully expect EMan to be moving on and several others will be asked to look elsewhere

agreed, the euro guys aren’t ready, they could have benefited from a red shirt. The press needs to stop, I feel like it is just tiring out the guys, especially Eman as he has to sprint down court to find his man after guarding the ball. We aren’t generating enough (or any) turnovers to justify running it all game.

Good point Eaglefan about the press.  Maybe it slowed the game down a little but I do not understand why we continually run it when to me it really accomplishes nothing.

Last nights' debacle vs. FGCU at Mabee is probably the lowest point for ORU basketball in the past quarter century.....where is Richard Roberts when we need him....storms into the locker room and yells....."Is this what I am paying for??"......💥😈💥

• Upvote 1

Also....TheEagleman may have gone a bit overboard on Coach Mills last night....it was a comment made in the heat of the moment....it's probably not ALL his fault....hard for me to say and not being there it's also wrong for me to say....we will see how this season plays out before calling for his head....but there were some strange moves/non-moves last night.....everything just snowballed.....still....Coach Mills should have showed up for his radio show....he was surely upset but the guy has to face the music.....wouldn't want to be at practice today.....💣

I was at the game last night with a friend who played at St Gregory's and Stephen F Austin. He has been an ORU fan for many years. He and I have been talking for months about the importance of defense since his alma mater SFA has dominated the Southland Conference for years now largely because of a great defensive scheme. He said early on in the game he thought the  talent level at ORU was substantially better this year but sized up quickly that our defense played out of place and is flat terrible. He and I surmised that FGCU made close to 40 points with either uncontested layups and 3 pointers. In my opinion a good 6th grade team can make layups and 3 pointers if left wide open or uncontested! You could see that Coach Mills was frustrated with the easy buckets but the ONLY thing he would do to make a change was to bring new players in! How incredibly stupid! All game long our bigs would be way far from the paint and the FGCU guards would only have to get by their defender for an easy layup! We made FGCU look like a nationally ranked team last night because Coach Mills has no clue how to coach defense! This may sound harsh but if Mills does not start learning and studying defense he can get rid of every current player and bring in all new players next year and in my opinion you will have no different result! I like Coach Mills as a person but to me the writing is on the wall, nothing will change unless he adapts and changes. I believe with the right defensive scheme we have adequate players to be competitive at the mid major level. Please show me if I am wrong.....I do not like to be this harsh!!

Thank you ORU Terry for the press conference clip. The 1st part of my wish came to pass.....Coach Mills fessed up that it was his fault. Now the  2nd part which has yet to come true is he said it would never happen again! I hope and pray he knows how to make the appropriate changes...and quickly!! I love my Eagles and am weary of the lean and painful years we are experiencing. We have to much going for us at ORU to not  be doing substantially better!!

Tomorrow night at Mizzou could get VERY ugly....The Tigers are not great but decent....TheEagleman watched them host Temple last week and it was a great game with the Owls winning at the end by 2....Temple is very good...but Mizzou hung with them all the way....they could beat us by 30+.....I will be taking the Tigers and give the points.....😪

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

Where was Milton tonight?  I didn’t see him on the bench. 

He was in the stands a few rows behind me. 

13 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Last nights' debacle vs. FGCU at Mabee is probably the lowest point for ORU basketball in the past quarter century.....where is Richard Roberts when we need him....storms into the locker room and yells....."Is this what I am paying for??"...…💥😈💥

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif