ORU vs. Florida Gulf Coast

ORUTerry

Worse than even I imagined. 

I just don't understand why Jurgens gets so many minutes.....at least he no longer starts

BRUTAL!!!....the trust is gone....Mills stinks...team stinks.....TheEagleman has seen enough.....looks like we didn't even show....plus had no idea about an Obanor injury....this is one of the worst home whippings in years and by a 2-8 team....Yikes!!!...👎

This is worse than the last year of Trickey when ORU was transitioning back to D1 as an independent. 

Welcome to rock bottom...…...someone pass me the bottle.😩😭😩😭

• Upvote 1

Is it no talent, a staff that can’t coach and has no clue, or a combination of both?  We just made a 2-8 team look like world beaters.  Absolutely pathetic!

Adam: "We hope to hear from ORU head coach Paul Mills after the break"

EDIT: No postgame radio interview from Mills

Defense is mostly effort. Guys look like they don't even want to be out there. Nobody was even ATTEMPTING to close out or get their hands up. Just going through the motions.

Mills is clearly a stiff....or maybe that auto accident totally messed up his brain...he was clueless tonight with no answers.....now we know why he spent a decade as a Baylor assistant with no head coaching offers......adios, Coach!!…..😵

4 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

You beat me to it Alum, Coach Mills was a no show for the postgame program with Adam.

Did you really expect him to show?  

Simply ran out of gas at the 10-minute mark, after basically trading twos for threes the whole game up till then. 

Was it lack of conditioning, or lack of athleticism, or maybe lack of adjustments?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Mills is clearly a stiff....or maybe that auto accident totally messed up his brain...he was clueless tonight with no answers.....now we know why he spent a decade as a Baylor assistant with no head coaching offers......adios, Coach!!…..😵

I'm still cutting him slack  because his two scholarship point guards are hurt, his high scoring JUCO guard did not qualify and Javan transferred to a power 5 school.

The huge mistake on the roster is three scholarships tied up with Euro projects.  When you are trying to turn a program around you simply can not tie up scholarships on projects from overseas that are coming largely sight unseen.  He will have some tough decisions to make at the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, #1ORUFAN said:

Did you really expect him to show?  

Assuming that’s not just a rhetorical question, let me put it this way:

“HE’S GETTING PAID TO SHOW!!” 😡

• Upvote 1

Just now, ORUalum said:

I'm still cutting him slack  because his two scholarship point guards are hurt, his high scoring JUCO guard did not qualify and Javan transferred to a power 5 school.

The huge mistake on the roster is three scholarships tied up with Euro projects.  When you are trying to turn a program around you simply can not tie up scholarships on projects from overseas that are coming largely sight unseen.  He will have some tough decisions to make at the end of the season.

Does any of that explain away not signing a single legitimate D-1 prospect during this Fall Signing Period?