ORU vs. Florida Gulf Coast

ORUTerry

ORU takes on the Florida Gulf Coast Eagles Wednesday evening. The Eagles are 2-8 so far and have lost their last six games. Their two wins are against Southeastern (D-2) and South Dakota State (84 to 78). Losses:  Illinois St, Michigan St., Toledo, Colorado St, UTSA, Florida Atlantic, Florida International and Colgate.

A 3-7 ORU team hosts a fellow low-major with a 2-8 record, on a church night three weeks before Christmas, AND with Oklahoma State playing at TU (and on TV) at the same time?

The game is a toss-up, but definitely take the "under" on the attendance figure...

If the guys play the way they have the last 10 quarters or so... they should roll.  Need to cash in some home wins after that Cal Baptist debacle.

8 minutes ago, ORUParentLurker said:

If the guys play the way they have the last 10 quarters or so... they should roll.  Need to cash in some home wins after that Cal Baptist debacle.

Define "roll", please.

Cal Baptist is actually a respectable low-major team every bit as talented as ORU; I'm guessing FGCU is similar. 

Gulf Coast has played a pretty tough schedule, and they won't be taking anything for granted after last year's dunkfest by ORU at their place.

I don't think anyone is going to run away with this one - flip a coin as to who shows up to play.

1 minute ago, Old Titan said:

Define "roll", please.

Cal Baptist is actually a respectable low-major team every bit as talented as ORU; I'm guessing FGCU is similar.  Gulf Coast has played a pretty tough schedule, and they won't be taking anything for granted after last year's dunkfest by ORU at their place.

I don't think anyone is going to run away with this one - flip a coin as to who shows up to play.

By roll I mean win handily like we did last season at their place.  I was at that game actually and it was very nice.  FGCU was having an ugly sweater night.. very festive.  They did not expect to get dominated that night.  These guys have lost badly to some mediocre to bad teams.  Our guys need to find consistency.  When they do they'll have a chance to beat everyone else left on our schedule outside of Missouri and Wichita.

39 minutes ago, ORUParentLurker said:

By roll I mean win handily like we did last season at their place.  I was at that game actually and it was very nice.  FGCU was having an ugly sweater night.. very festive.  They did not expect to get dominated that night.  These guys have lost badly to some mediocre to bad teams.  Our guys need to find consistency.  When they do they'll have a chance to beat everyone else left on our schedule outside of Missouri and Wichita.

You do realize that ORU is the underdog in almost every game the rest of the season according to several reputable analytic sites?

(please Google them; don't make me link them - it's too painful)

I'll go out on a limb and predict the good guys will get a W tomorrow night.  ORU 70 FGCU 65

Should be a decent game at Mabee tomorrow night....ORU isn't very good but FGCU stinks also....we kicked their butts last year in South Florida so the Eagles will come to town for some revenge.....hopefully the Good Guys will be ready to go and FGCU will head home with another L....TheEagleman would expect the line to be close...maybe ORU by a few because of the home advantage.....still mulling it over but depending on the line, a small play on ORU might be the choice.....expecting good things from E-Man, Obanor, Weaver, Malone and maybe others.....you never know with this years' squad.....I like that fact that our boys didn't quit when they fell behind at SMU on Sunday cutting the lead to 7 late......probably wont be pretty.....ORU 80  FGCU 71.....:tb-blue:

FGCU shot 32% overall and 19% from 3 in their last game.  I look for their shooters to get right on the Mabee Center rims in a largely empty building.

FGCU wins going away 83 - 65

I actually got ORU tonight at a pick 'em.....there is no O/U though....not sure why.....so just a small play on the Good Guys to win at home...if we can't beat FGCU in a spot like this....well, not sure who else we can beat.....I think ORU wins tonight....In Mills We Trust!!....🤩:tb-white:🤩

I can't find an official Vegas line on this game, but every analytics site I've seen today has it as a toss-up.

We need to take good shots - with the right guys taking the shots. Value the basketball (possessions) and crash the boards. I want to see progress in how the guys play together and defensive effort. Let’s hope our shots fall - and theirs don’t. 

Oh, and let’s not dig a big hole for ourselves to start the game.