ORU at SMU

ORUTerry

SMU is beginning to feel the loss of Larry Brown's buying players recruiting skills.

That still doesn't keep them from being the 2nd- or 3rd-best-team on ORU's schedule so far.

Mustangs, 80-62.

SMU is favored by 18.5 and the O/U is 145.5.....the victory over JMU last Sunday makes me think that this ORU team hasn't given up and there is some talent....the boys should be rested and ready to go today after a week off while SMU has played twice in the past five days......I don't think ORU is going to win but we could stay competitive for most of the contest.....that's a lot of points and if I tease, TheEagleman gets an additional six.....So a small play on ORU and the Over....let's call it SMU 84-71....:tb-blue:

Anyone else trying to stomach this debacle on ESPN3?  

SMU by 22 late in the first half. 

And friends, lemme tell ya:  it doesn’t even look that close! 🤮

6 hours ago, ORU GRAD said:

Find someone who looks at you the way Coach Mills looks at former Baylor players. 😍

Nice comeback in the second half to keep it respectable, out-scoring the hosts by seven enroute to a 79-67 final.

The Euros got hot from 3, but SMU just too much physically when it mattered. 

And, oh, those turnovers... 🙄

Sounds like a debacle in the first half getting down 22 but ORU showed some courage and battled back to 70-63 in the final 3 minutes before losing 79-67.....enough to get TheEagleman a nice win on the day and put me + four figures already less than a month into this season thanks to Golden Eagle basketball....can't say that 3-7 at this juncture isn't totally unexpected but I think we have a decent shot to get win #4 on Wednesday at Mabee Center vs. FGCU....those Eagles have lost six in a row since beating South Dakota State and are worse than ORU at 2-8.....😎

36 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Only 10 turnovers according to the boxscore...

Then I must have yelled “NOOOOO!!!” at my TV on each one of them.

Seemed much worse than that; maybe it was poor shot selection as well that had me feeling like so many possessions were wasted, particularly in the first half. 

Good:

• Sam was steady and efficient as usual (5/8 FG - 4/6 3PT)
  • Malone with 8 assists / 2 turnovers
  • Lacis found his shooting touch against a quality opponent
  • Didn't quit and fought back in the second half... good effort

Bad:

• Have to show up for the 1st half
  • Lost the rebounding battle by 10
  • Jurgens still hasn't found his shot ( .256 on the season from 3)