ORU at Oakland

theeagleman5

Not much can be said for this afternoon's matchup....Oakland is going to win....just a matter of how much.....TheEagleman is going with Oakland big time.....I got what I consider an amazingly low line....apparently, Vegas money men are not watching these Golden Eagles.....Oakland was -8.5 early this morning and O/U is 145.5.....so it's all riding on the Grizzlies.....Coach Kampe hopefully won't have all his scrubs on the court for the final 5 minutes.....ORU is likely in for a beating and this should be at least a 20 point win unless Kampe calls off the dogs.....Oakland 93  ORU 68....😵

ORU up by two at the half.

Oakland settling for threes and seemingly scared to go inside vs. Smith/Eman/Big Chris, while those three and Obanor are looking like men in the paint on offense.

Curious to see which Grizzlies team comes out at halftime - Oakland Coach Greg Kampe pretty good at making adjustments when he needs to.

OBLIGATORY OLD SCHOOL TAKE:  Coach Mills, I understand that the dress code is typically lax in these holiday tournaments, but for crying out loud, could you at LEAST keep your oversized polo shirt tucked into your Dockers twills?? 

I don't think it's asking too much, since the players are required to do the same. 

Pretty hard to look sloppier that Greg Kampe, but mission accomplished:  you look like the freaking towel boy of an NAIA school.

Nature takes its course and Oakland milks a double-digit lead for most of the second half on the way to an 87-76 win in a lackluster affair.

Had a feeling Kampe would push the right buttons at halftime.  Coaching mismatch.

James Madison will be the toughest of the three games in the tournament.  Anything inside a 20-point margin will be surprising.

any chance for a non-conference D1 win is probably over......

the state of ORU hoops in a picture....

DszOb3MW0AAlXn_.jpg

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Had a feeling Kampe would push the right buttons at halftime.  Coaching mismatch.

I couldn’t have said it any better. 

ORU loss closer than expected but TheEagleman is still counting his winnings....a record haul today....$$$...Christmas comes early...🎅

Hey, did anyone listening to the radio broadcast happen to hear whether Coach Mills bothered to make an appearance for the postgame radio show?

i’m frankly not interested in what he might have said, since talk is pretty cheap at this point; I’m just wondering if he fulfilled his obligation to Adam, the listening audience, our sponsors and the radio station.