Southwestern - Kansas (NAIA)

ORUTerry

Here is a link to their web site with schedule and roster:  http://www.buildersports.com/sport/0/1

They are 2-0 with wins on the road (Randall: 90-83) and a neutral site (Ozark Christian:  99-91). They play Manhattan Christian on Wednesday (Nov 7th) before coming to ORU.

The Moundbuilders (yes, that is correct) are a well-regarded NAIA program that made it to the Sweet 16 last year and I think are ranked in the top 10 this season. They shoot a lot of three pointers so the guys have to get out on their shooters. Given their scores so far, it looks like they want to get up and down the court.

Moundbuilders???.....no comment......😀

Southwestern(KS) sounds like a pretty good NAIA team but still no reason that they should come into Mabee Center and defeat ORU.....yeah, it happened last year when Southern Nazarene whipped us at home but another loss like that would be disasterous.....plus it's Homecoming Weekend with lots of alums and there should be a nice student turnout...hopefully over 5000 in attendance.....could we lose?....I guess....but TheEagleman doesn't see it.....hopefully Coach Mills gets the boys straightened out and a few more shots fall.....probably not a pretty win.....but let's call it ORU 83  Southwestern 73......:tb-blue:

Concussion protocol for Miller.....maybe he will be back this weekend???...😵

Sorry to hear about the concussion. Health comes first. Thank you for the update. E man, Kerwin, and Chris make for a formidable front.

Hopefully Miller will be back tonight or Sunday.....TheEagleman really wishes he could be at ORU for Homecoming tonight....I have never been back....really wanted to get to the Youngblood reunion....that would be a gas.....Youngblood 73-74....lol....😍

no radio stream (Jenks football currently on) for "Homecoming" and the video stream accompanying the game stats is volleyball...….this is peak ORU Athletics

15 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

no radio stream (Jenks football currently on) for "Homecoming" and the video stream accompanying the game stats is volleyball...….this is peak ORU Athletics

Both volleyball and men’s basketball video streams are working for me.

looks like the shots are starting to fall.....

Milton still not playing.  Any word on that?

ORU leading SW 42-30 at the half....E-Man leads with 16 and Jurgens has 11.....those two shooting very well....Kearns not so much....he needs to do less shooting and more passing......:tb-white:

Congrats to the Good Guys on their victory.  The feed on the live stream was good.  I am watching Missouri State up on Robert Morris 59-50 with 4:39 to go in the game.  We will have our work cut out for us at TCU on Sunday.

ORU 79  Southwestern(KS) 62....Five players in double figures led by E-man with a double/double 24 and 12....Kearns rebounded with a nice 2nd half and 14 points.....ORU now 1-1 and on the Fort Worth for top 25 TCU on Sunday afternoon....😮

I heard Milton might be having shoulder surgery and red-shirt(?) this season. Don’t know anything about Obanor. Have to think he is injured in some way. Anyone see him on the bench?

Well, at least we proved that we would be a pretty decent NAIA team.  But, so far, it doesn’t bode well for the rest of the season. 

14 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

I heard Milton might be having shoulder surgery and red-shirt(?) this season. Don’t know anything about Obanor. Have to think he is injured in some way. Anyone see him on the bench?

Geez, Milton and RJ both gone for the season already? Obanor injured as well, Miller dealing with concussion....sure hope this isn't any indication of how the season is going to play out....