Denver 5 ORU 0

okiesooner

Sorry Eaglman, I couldn't wait to post the score and my thoughts.  

Beating #10 ranked team on the road was going to be a tall task.  It was even harder when the boys had nothing to play for because they had already been knocked out of Summit League tournament. 

This marks the third straight year of failing to make the conference tournament.  I'm too lazy to research but it wouldn't surprise me if this is the longest conference tournament drought the program has had.  

Then I started looking at the conference.  There are only 6 teams with men's soccer and one of them are associate members.  Don't think it will happen but what if Fort Wayne is chosen for the HL?  Then the SL has 5 teams with one being an associate member.

This tells us UMKC joining the SL must happen and must happen soon.  What is the wait?  

Finally, even though the ORU team improved the overall record from the past two seasons of going 4-11-1 and 6-10-2 the absence of the conference tourney for the 3rd straight year is concerning.  

TheEagleman is very disappointed that this ORU team couldn't even win ONE Summit League match.....0-3-2.....that's pretty pathetic........not at all saying that our guys quit but you have to do some soul searching when ORU didn't win a game since a victory at Valpo on Oct. 1....we finished the final month 0-4-1....Now it's true that Denver is a team that could do some serious damage in the NCAA tournament and ranked in the Top 10.....I surely didn't expect a very close game yesterday.....but hopefully the ORU coaching staff will make some changes during the off season and the ORU men will have a better showing in 2019.....😵