ORU at Missouri St...thoughts/predictions?

theeagleman5

It is on ESPN3.  Also on the TuneIn app for the ORU radio broadcast.  Go to The Franchoise out of Tulsa.  Coach Mills said in the pregame show that RJ is undergoing hip surgery and that Big Chris got hit in the head recently and is under a concussion protocol and that neither traveled with the team to Springfield.  They hope Chris is back by this weekend, but RJ is done for this season.

This is a total embarrassment.....ORU down 30 early in the 2nd half.....looks like another long year......😵

Just about nailed MSU total......ORU was even worse than I thought they would be on offense.

No exhibition game (just a couple scrimmages), lots of new faces.

Was watching returns and did not watch or listen to the game......no Miller or Milton in the boxscore.......injuries?

As I stated previously, Coach said in his pregame interview that Chris Miller got hit in the head last week and is under a concussion protocol.  He did not make the trip to Springfield.  RJ is out for the season with hip surgery.  Coach did not mention Milton or at least I did not hear it.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!…...TheEagleman thought ORU would at least be competitive.....we may be fortunate to win a half dozen games this season...….definitely under 10 unless a miracle happens.....this was not a good MSU team we played tonight.....just sickening......👎

The only bright spots were Smith and Weaver.  Smith had 12 points and 9 rebounds and looked like he can really help inside this year.  Weaver showed some promise by hitting a couple of threes and blocking three shots.  It is a long season and these young guys will get better.

Better at what exactly, if I may ask?

Shooting?

Protecting the ball?

Playing defense?

So many areas needing improvement after this debacle, hard to prioritize.

Wish I could say I was encouraged by some bright spots tonight, but I didn’t see any.

Lost by 30+ to what is likely a .500 team that emptied its bench midway through the second half.  Not sure at this point where the silver lining lies...

On the bright side..TheEagleman sees big $$$ this year betting against ORU...Tonight ended up a wash as I lost on ORU +6.5 but won on the under 142.5 bet....did not end up teasing.....😙

The shooting percentage disparity in this game was alarming.  We need some shooters and scorers to emerge.  I really like Coach Mills as a person and he seems like a good leader of men.  We also had a highly ranked recruiting class (within the Summit League) but I am not sure about his ability to mold and develop players.  I also think it was a mistake to not have a couple exhibition games.

Jurgens, Sanders, Lacis and Malone shot a combined 4-29......ouch!.....MSU made their shots (56%) and ORU didn't......plus 21 turnovers not acceptable.....the boys better tighten things up or Friday night could be a homecoming nightmare.....💔