ORU at Missouri St...thoughts/predictions?

theeagleman5

The bad:

• Shot selection - WAY too many three attempts. Just seemed to be settling for what Missouri St. was giving. I think a lot of teams will let ORU shoot from 3 this season.
  • Bad spacing & passing - An awful lot of miss-communicated passes to the interior and in transition.
  • Defense - No cutting off drivers to the basket and very little help.

The good:

• Only the first game and things can only improve.

• Upvote 1

Silver lining is that they can only get better because they played so poorly in every area.  ORU will not play like that every game for 30 games.  Young teams are very up and down, just the nature of the game.  They will play better at home verses Southwestern.  The shots will fall.  ORU is not going to shoot 29 percent agaisnt an NAIA team. 

Well, that was a terrible start but I agree with not overreacting based on one game, especially with a bunch of new guys and no significant preseason. Would have been a good year for a Canada tour!

Let's see how they look this weekend at TCU before full scale panic sets in.

I agree that after last night's game I was a bit harsh....let's see how things shake out over the next few weeks....but TheEagleman will be taking TCU and laying the points......cha-ching!!!...🤓

I’ll save my next assessment until after the TCU game - there should be plenty to talk about following that one.

But till then, consider this:  TCU would be a double-digit (20 point?) favorite against Missouri State.