New Signing = Trouble in the Backcourt?

Old Titan

I discussed this earlier. 8/5/2018 - JUCO SG D'Mauria Jones (6-3, 210, 2★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster. However, he is not on the roster. Could it be that he got hurt and is out for the season? That left us with an open spot. That is just a guess but Terry would know maybe.

Don't know anything about Malone but Fran Fraschilla tweeted this when Malone announced he was transferring from Wichita.

Malone attended McLennan Community College (located in Waco) before transferring to Wichita.

I"m hearing RJ may be out for the season.  That, combined with Jones not getting here in time, makes for trouble for sure.  It's actually pretty lucky that it happened early enough to make a move like this.  I don't know how good Malone is but he's probably better than a typical walk on.

Geez...what happened to Fuqua?....a knee injury?....:eek:

On 8/28/2018 at 4:41 PM, ORUParentLurker said:

I"m hearing RJ may be out for the season.  That, combined with Jones not getting here in time, makes for trouble for sure.  It's actually pretty lucky that it happened early enough to make a move like this.  I don't know how good Malone is but he's probably better than a typical walk on.

Apparently he was a walk on at Wichita St. which like you said probably makes him much different than the typical Summit league walk on. However, it will be interesting to see how much he can contribute because he played quite sparingly at WSU even as a preferred walk on. This leads me to believe that he's being brought in so that bodies will be available. Primarily for practice. I was expecting Sam Kearns to get the lion's share of the minutes this year at point regardless of Fuqua's health. 

really surprised they were not able to, at least on paper, do better in the grad transfer market --- a walk on from WSU and big man with a bunch of DNP's at Grand Canyon.

My way too early prediction....

• Milton
  • Kearns
  • Eman
  • Obanor
  • Miller

significant minutes off the bench from Saunders and Weaver............nice thing is they seem to have a number of 6'4" to 6'8" guys so they can have some flexibility in positions and tinker with different lineups

Only Kearns, EMan, Ahmedic and Miller are known quantities. The rest represents lots of apparent talent, but not seasoned. 

From what we know, I can’t disagree with your initial lineup. Gotta think that Ahmedic, Weaver and Saunders will be right off the bench. 

I notice that Jones is commenting on ORUMBB tweets - specifically saying he can’t wait to join his teammates. We will see. 

• Thanks 1

Who subs for Miller at the first media timeout after his obligatory two fouls in the first four minutes?  :razz:

I bet Smith gets plenty of time as well either coming off the bench or starting if they go a little bigger.   He is an older experienced guy regardless of how many actual minutes he got at Grand Canyon.  I'm hearing the returning guys look VERY strong.  Kearns, Eman, Miller, RJ (pre-injury).  Emir spent the whole summer training back home so we'll see about him.