Facilities Upgrade

ORUTerry

The university has so many projects working this summer. Wonder where all that money is coming from 🤔

4 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

anyone got the scoop on what's next??

Just a guess here but TheEagleman thinks the $$$ is coming from Old Titan and TMH....neither rarely post any more......they must be working two jobs and donating a large chunk to the old Alma Mater.........  :nod::eagles::nod:

• Like 1

On 7/2/2018 at 8:35 PM, theeagleman5 said:

Just a guess here but TheEagleman thinks the $$$ is coming from Old Titan and TMH....neither rarely post any more......they must be working two jobs and donating a large chunk to the old Alma Mater.........  :nod::eagles::nod:

"Neither rarely"??

Yes, we have no bananas...

...and nobody doesn't like Sara Lee.  :drunk:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ORUParentLurker said:

So what exactly is the "upgrade" to the practice gym?  A new floor?

Well, based on the photo, if that's NOT the case, then somebody needs to fix that big hole in the court before someone gets hurt.  :razz:

• Like 1

i must have misread that ORUMBB tweet.  i assumed that in addition to a new practice gym floor, an additional huge upgrade was around the corner.  i guess i did not consider a new floor a big deal.......perhaps it is.

7 hours ago, ORUalum said:

i must have misread that ORUMBB tweet.  i assumed that in addition to a new practice gym floor, an additional huge upgrade was around the corner.  i guess i did not consider a new floor a big deal.......perhaps it is.

I was thinking the same thing. “Another huge upgrade” means something else other than the new floor should be coming right? 

On 7/3/2018 at 4:51 PM, ORUParentLurker said:

So what exactly is the "upgrade" to the practice gym?  A new floor?

One of my buddies was a manager at ORU. He said neither the Men's or Women's coaches like practicing in there because the court was on concrete. Many players developed ankle and knees injuries. Also, it is a recruiting tool and looks good to have the new logo and up to date to attract recruits. 

3 hours ago, WeirdAlORU said:

One of my buddies was a manager at ORU. He said neither the Men's or Women's coaches like practicing in there because the court was on concrete. Many players developed ankle and knees injuries. Also, it is a recruiting tool and looks good to have the new logo and up to date to attract recruits. 

That's great to hear. 

• 1 month later...

Looks really good.  I love the lighter stain (or no stain?). Nice to see we are able to spend money while TU is cutting back.

• Upvote 2

I hope this means the end of the hideous Easton uniforms for the baseball team.

• Upvote 1

Received my ORU basketball season ticket package in the mail today promoting the Golden Eagle “Soar Campaign”. Besides the new basketball practice gym, it says JL Johnson Stadium will add a new 35 foot video board this year.... along with a new 31 foot basketball video board in the Mabee Center. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Interesting that both venues are getting upgrades this year. Glad to see the baseball video board; it will allow for all kinds of promotional items as well as player information/stats/etc.

So we have had the basketball scoreboard since 2006? It doesn't seem that old to me. 

• Upvote 1