Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ORUTerry

Facilities Upgrade

Recommended Posts

ORUTerry

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORUTerry

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EagleManiac

The university has so many projects working this summer. Wonder where all that money is coming from 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORUalum
4 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

 

anyone got the scoop on what's next??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theeagleman5

Just a guess here but TheEagleman thinks the $$$ is coming from Old Titan and TMH....neither rarely post any more......they must be working two jobs and donating a large chunk to the old Alma Mater.........  :nod::eagles::nod:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORUParentLurker

So what exactly is the "upgrade" to the practice gym?  A new floor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Titan
On 7/2/2018 at 8:35 PM, theeagleman5 said:

Just a guess here but TheEagleman thinks the $$$ is coming from Old Titan and TMH....neither rarely post any more......they must be working two jobs and donating a large chunk to the old Alma Mater.........  :nod::eagles::nod:

"Neither rarely"??

Yes, we have no bananas...

...and nobody doesn't like Sara Lee.  :drunk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Titan
6 hours ago, ORUParentLurker said:

So what exactly is the "upgrade" to the practice gym?  A new floor?

Well, based on the photo, if that's NOT the case, then somebody needs to fix that big hole in the court before someone gets hurt.  :razz:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORUalum

 i must have misread that ORUMBB tweet.  i assumed that in addition to a new practice gym floor, an additional huge upgrade was around the corner.  i guess i did not consider a new floor a big deal.......perhaps it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EagleManiac
7 hours ago, ORUalum said:

 i must have misread that ORUMBB tweet.  i assumed that in addition to a new practice gym floor, an additional huge upgrade was around the corner.  i guess i did not consider a new floor a big deal.......perhaps it is.

I was thinking the same thing. “Another huge upgrade” means something else other than the new floor should be coming right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WeirdAlORU
On 7/3/2018 at 4:51 PM, ORUParentLurker said:

So what exactly is the "upgrade" to the practice gym?  A new floor?

One of my buddies was a manager at ORU. He said neither the Men's or Women's coaches like practicing in there because the court was on concrete. Many players developed ankle and knees injuries. Also, it is a recruiting tool and looks good to have the new logo and up to date to attract recruits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORUParentLurker
3 hours ago, WeirdAlORU said:

One of my buddies was a manager at ORU. He said neither the Men's or Women's coaches like practicing in there because the court was on concrete. Many players developed ankle and knees injuries. Also, it is a recruiting tool and looks good to have the new logo and up to date to attract recruits. 

That's great to hear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr. Cornelius

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EagleManiac

Looks really good.  I love the lighter stain (or no stain?). Nice to see we are able to spend money while TU is cutting back.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORUalum

I hope this means the end of the hideous Easton uniforms for the baseball team.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORUTerry

Received my ORU basketball season ticket package in the mail today promoting the Golden Eagle “Soar Campaign”. Besides the new basketball practice gym, it says JL Johnson Stadium will add a new 35 foot video board this year.... along with a new 31 foot basketball video board in the Mabee Center. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×