ORU vs. Arkansas

theeagleman5

Two innings completed and the game is still scoreless...only one hit for both teams.....:eagles:

Arkansas grabs a 2-0 lead in the 3rd....they are now batting in the home 4th....ORU still only has 1 hit.....this is a replay of last year....pretty much going as expected.....:tmi:

2-1 Keizor goes big fly.

i still say you pull the ORU starter............no way you should let the Ark bats see the same pitcher for a third time.

• Upvote 1

welp, they elect to send McGregor back out there............

Are you guys watching the game somewhere? I'd like to pull it up and stream it if possible.

Well...the boys are hanging in....McGregor has thrown 80 pitches on a warm afternoon...guess they will try to get one more inning out of him....:-|

McGregor works out of a jam.  Nice job.

Now, let's bring in a new arm next inning.

Thanks. I've got it up now. Five innings of decent work for McGregor. Got to get the bats going.

He's over 100 pitches now.....Knight is at 73....:tmi:

i just don't understand sending McGregor back out there to face that lineup for a 3rd time.

what are you saving your bullpen arms for????

you are the 4 seed........no way to win a regional from the losers bracket..............play every last card you have to try and win game 1.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ORUalum said:

i just don't understand sending McGregor back out there to face that lineup for a 3rd time.

what are you saving your bullpen arms for????

you are the 4 seed........no way to win a regional from the losers bracket..............play every last card you have to try and win game 1.

Agreed We're lucky we got that punch out at second before the home run. 4-1 feels a lot different than 3-1. 

• Upvote 1

that makes it 6-1............that's not on McGregor and Womacks.  A reliever should have started this inning fresh.

just an absolutely poor coaching decision from Davis and Folmar to send McGregor back out there for the 6th after it was obvious Arkansas was seeing him much better the 3rd time thru.

• Upvote 2

Well....so much for this game....TheEagleman agrees that coaches blundered in this one......this game has gotten ugly at 6-1....ouch...:-|

Where was Townsend?  Injured? 

He's  been the best arm in long relief all year.