ORU in Fayetteville Regional

ORUTex

Just announced on ESPNU. 4 seed at Arkansas, Friday at 3pm Eastern (2:00 Central). Dallas Baptist 3 seed and Southern Miss the 2. 

Edited by ORUTex
Clarify game time

Calling the Hogs is the most obnoxious tradition in all of sports. I'd love to see us go in there and take one from them on their field. 

• Upvote 1

At least it is a short trip over to Fayetteville from Campus.  Go Golden Eagles!

I have no idea why ORU vs Arkansas would be the afternoon game instead of the evening game.  Last year it was the evening game.  It isn’t a televised game so it really doesn’t make sense to play it in the afternoon.

6 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

I have no idea why ORU vs Arkansas would be the afternoon game instead of the evening game.  Last year it was the evening game.  It isn’t a televised game so it really doesn’t make sense to play it in the afternoon.

I don’t get that either. Supposed to be 95+ degrees

Hope ORU kicks their A$$.... TheEagleman can't stand the Hogs or their fans....:tb-blue:

would be nice to see Ausua get another crack at Arkansas...........thought he acquitted himself well last year.

i'm sure how Arkansas hits against righties or lefties will play a part in who is the Friday starter. 

lots of experience between McMinn, McGregor, and Ausua.........not sure Davis and Folmar can go wrong with who they pick.

57 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Hope ORU kicks their A$$.... TheEagleman can't stand the Hogs or their fans....:tb-blue:

Arkansas is fine.............i do however, hold their coach in low regard for his refusal to play ORU in the regular season.

every other P5 in the region does not have an issue playing ORU

In looking at Arkansas' schedule, they had 2 big losses: 17-2 to #2 Florida, and 10-4 to Kent State.  With a total of 18 losses, their other 16 losses were by a combined total of 23 runs, in other words by an average of less than a run and a half.  They played a lot of very close games in their losses.  They clearly have good pitching and if they get a very large lead, you will probably be in trouble.  Have to have solid pitching and keep it close.

It is nice that ORU's bats woke up in the Summit League tournament, scoring 13, 6, and 11 runs which led to a scoring average of 10 runs per game.  However, the pitching we will face at Arkansas will provide more of a challenge.

Arkansas advances to the Supers................

ark.png.7bb3b51f2343627a20a79f0f2172ed18.png

Seemed inevitable. The world gets to enjoy more calling the Hogs...:nauseated:

• 2 weeks later...

Arkansas does head to the CWS by defeating South Carolina 14-4 last night in Fayetteville to win the series 2 games to 1......the Hogs definitely have a decent shot to win the whole thing.....:-|

• 2 weeks later...

Arkansas beat #3 Oregon St 4-1 tonight and are one win from the title....same pitcher that beat us tossed a gem...Omaha overrun with Hog fans...Geez....:ph34r:

Hogs fans must be sick to their stomachs tonight...brutal 5-3 loss in 9th after missed pop up gives the Beavers new life...ouch!...:ph34r:

The 3rd and deciding game between Arkansas and Oregon State is scheduled for ESPN tonight....I think it's 7pm CDT....should be a dandy...If the Hogs lose they will be talking about that missed foul pop up in Fayetteville for years to come......:nerd: