Summit League Tournament

theeagleman5

Great game tonight.  The crowd really got into it during the 7th inning rally.  McGregor settled down after being pretty shaky for the first 2 innings.  

It is strange to see ORU’s score listed under Guest on the scoreboard and NDSU’s score listed on the ORU line.

Great win!

Good win for the Golden Eagles. I was a little worried when I opened the ORU Live app during the middle school awards ceremony and we were down 3-1. I embarrassed my wife by launching the video stream. I had the my phone on mute and kept it between my knees. I doubt anyone noticed.

:stuck-out-tongue-winking:

• Like 1

I enjoyed our comeback. I like this team. They have the heart. Congratulations Eagles. 

:sunglasses:

TheEagleman expected the starting pitching to carry ORU in this tournament but so far Ausua and McGregor haven't been real good....but we have gotten the clutch hitting....19 runs in two games......let's see what we get from McMinn on Saturday but he and the bullpen should all be rested with a day off....NDSU or SDSU will both be down to their 4th starter and bullpens could be gassed depending on what happens tonight....all the advantages are with ORU....let's just go out and end this think at 1pm on Saturday and then we wait for the NCAA Selection Show on Monday.....:eagles:

It was a VERY gutty win for the good guys last night.  Championship caliber defensive performances from both teams until the Bison shortstop booted one to give us our final run during the seventh inning rally.  

The Eagles had multiple opportunities in the early innings, but couldn’t break through, including several (at least five?) fly balls caught at the track with the wind holding them in the park.  In the third, we had second and third with no outs and didn’t score, as the momentum stayed firmly in the third base dugout.  And, every call seemed to go against us.

But once we FINALLY broke through in the seventh, the Bison stopped their incessant chirping - and they knew it was over.  The bullpen totally shut them down, eliminating any hope of a rally.

This team never hung their heads or seemed to feel any pressure, but just continued to do their job, knowing that it would eventually be successful - which it ultimately was.

It was a great pleasure to experience it in person - definitely one of the best games of the year!

SDSU outslugged NDSU tonight, 13-7 at JLJ and so the Jacks will face ORU tomorrow afternoon in the Championship to determine the NCAA participant from the Summit League....Josh McMinn will be sure to take the mound in what will likely be the biggest start of his career....SDSU will have to win two games to advance so the advantage is with the Good Guys who also had the day off to rest while the Jacks played a 3 1/2 hour contest tonight.....hopefully we get them down early and make their fate inevitable....they can't have much starting pitching left although the guy they went with on Wednesday night could come back....ORU blew him out of there in just one inning.....get the SDSU bus warmed up early and send them home to Brookings by dinner time.....GO BLUE!!!....:eagles:

Looking forward to going to the game tomorrow afternoon.  SDSU was 14-13 in conference this year and 18-31 overall.  While ORU has the advantage by being in the driver's seat having won their first 2 games, ORU is fortunate to not be facing NDSU again.  I am surprised they couldn't knock out SDSU earlier today since NDSU was a pretty solid team with a winning record.

Sorry for complaining but is the Summit too cheap to get any of the baseball championship games on any ESPN Network?  I saw where there will be a "live stream" on the computer but come on, for those of us not in the Tulsa area and that do not get whatever "Cox" is, could they have at least tried to put one game of the championship on any of the ESPN Networks?  I obviously can watch the ACC, SEC, Big-10 and even CUSA games but no Summit?  Really impressive!

True that....TheEagleman has been watching on the computer....but today on a plane to Ft. Lauderdale so I won't be watching all week...Lets go Blue!!..:oru-logo:

Anyone else having trouble getting the game to "live stream"?  I have tried several times and get a message that the game has either not started or is not being "live streamed".  I know the game is playing because I am following with "live stats" and listening to the radio feed.  For a D-I conference championship game in one of its major sports to put out this shabby of a broadcast is pathetic at best.  Really bush league.

It's 2018 and a D1 league can not even successfully stream their championship game.............what a joke!:@:@:@:@

• Upvote 1

The Yur View video stream is work for me. It’s just desktop only - can’t get it to load on mobile.

Must be a weird contract because this Cox Communications video stream is lower quality than the normal Athletic Dept video...

I've tried Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Chrome.................maybe you have to be a Cox subscriber.

Wish ORU would had put it on their website for facebook.  The league probably would not allow that though.

canvas.png.a1eaf0fc907729d2b574cc73ca8b16de.png

• Upvote 1

Ditto Alum!  I got the same message on an HP computer, my I-phone, I-pad and my Apple Mac Pro laptop.  I tried Chrome and Apple TV and got the same stupid screen on all that you just posted.  It would have been better if the Summit would have let us broadcast our normal baseball program on TV.  Hopefully the Summit addresses this before next season's championships at JLJ. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, I am in Indiana and could not get any video. I am having to listen to Radio and live stats. What a bummer for the final game of the tournament. 7-1 ORU. in the bottom of the 4th.

• Upvote 1

McMinn tossing a 1 hit gem so far. 7-1 ORU in the 5th!..:eagles:

I live about 1,000 miles from Tulsa (Tri-State Region/Upper Ohio Valley) and am having to do the same thing you are Grad.  This is really sad that the championship game of the Summit League's baseball tourney can not be viewed.  Really, really sad!  Oh well, I have beat that horse to death, time to move on.  Go Golden Eagles, finish this game strong!