2018-19 Schedule

ORUalum

Nice game and in Mabee too!

So the following are on our schedule this year:  @ Richmond, FGCU, @ Oakland Tourney (Oakland, JMU & NIU), Southwestern College and California Baptist.  Possible other teams are Wichita State, SMU, TCU and/or Tulsa.  

I hope we can get someone in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic or Ohio region so that I could drive to the game.

So far so good....TheEagleman is impressed with the 2018-19 ORU schedule thus far.....appears that we would be much more competitive with most of these teams.....:eagles:

Oral Roberts @ Wichita St. Koch Arena was reported back in late April by CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein.  The article was on the Kansas.com website titled “ What We Know About Wichita St  Basketball Schedule for Next Season”

EA7EA1C1-6FA1-4EE2-A7EC-592538269CF2.jpeg

OK, so a possible schedule based solely on 3rd hand sources may look like this:

@ Richmond, @ Oakland Tourney (Oakland, JMU, NIU), @ Wichita State, @ Missouri State, @ SMU, @ TCU and @ BYU.

In the Mabee:  Southwestern College, California Baptist, UALR, FGCU and Tulsa.

IF, and I emphasize IF the above is correct, it would be an interesting schedule.  There are some nice games in the Mabee and also a road schedule not as brutal as last year but still a VERY respectable schedule against quality teams.  

GO GOLDEN EAGLES!

Just heresay at this point..... This years road travel will be eased by private jet on some occasions for ORU.

I like the schedule so far... I suspect that we will schedule at least one other guaranteed game for financial purposes. 

On 6/15/2018 at 12:08 AM, ORUParentLurker said:

I think Richmond is at the Mabee

Should be in Richmond, ORU owes them a home game from two years ago.

1 hour ago, ORUALUMNUS99 said:

Should be in Richmond, ORU owes them a home game from two years ago.

You are correct sir.

BYU head coach Dave Rose is a Houston native (also was a member of the “Phi Slama Jama” teams)... could be the connection?

This is probably a guarantee game but sure would be nice if BYU came to Mabee Center in 2019....:eagles:

BYU is always tough at Marriott but at least we will see them before they get Emery back.

California Baptist, you no doubt saw, is the new home of the inimitable Mike Minyard!