2018-19 Schedule

ORUalum

ORU returns the game w/Richmond from a few years ago....

Men’s basketball schedule tidbits

Old Dominion, Wake Forest and Oral Roberts are scheduled to play at the Robins Center next season, and the Spiders will visit Georgetown, with some work still to be done on the men's basketball schedule.

Richmond, according to a report, will participate in the Suncoast Classic (Florida site to be determined) along with Boston College, Wyoming and other schools to come.

....and as mentioned in another thread, ORU will be participating in Oakland's 4 team Thanksgiving tournament (Oakland, ORU, James Madison,  & N. Illinois)

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, ORUParentLurker said:

I heard a visit to Wichita is in the works.

This would be the a great game to get for next year. WSU will have even more new players than we will.

3 hours ago, ORUParentLurker said:

I heard a visit to Wichita is in the works.

Torres signed w/WSU yesterday (also held an offer from ORU)

Homecoming game: Southwestern College.

Yikes!...|-).....TheEagleman will make SW an early 6.5 point favorite........:-P

I don't know. I just know "Southwestern College." Kansas sounds like a logical guess.

The date, by the way, is November 9 (Friday).

Edited by titansforever
added date of game

Do I detect a tiny note of sarcasm? :smile: 

I suspect it's hard to get legit competition to open their season in our house.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ORUParentLurker said:

I suspect it's hard to get legit competition to open their season in our house.

Agreed. It’s just a tough time to get anyone to agree to come play us. I’m not a huge fan of the Fall Semester Homcoming. 

We moved Homecoming to the fall because alumni said February was too cold and weather was too iffy to travel. It's hard to find a date that isn't close to a holiday (Thanksgiving or Christmas or New Year's) or in the dead of winter. If the season started earlier (October) or lasted longer, we would have other options.

Yea I remember the debate. I was on board at the time, but how has it worked out? Has our Homecoming attendance grown? The only homecoming event I’ve ever attended is the Homecoming Game, and since they’ve made the switch, the numbers have appeared far worse. I wonder if there’s discussion of switching back, or if fall Homecoming is in fact working out better. 

I too attended several of the Homecomings when they were in January/February.  Since they moved to November I have not attended any and do not plan on attending any in the future.  I hate the "Homecoming Game" since it was moved to November and I think a lot of fellow alums feel the same way.  Sorry, but it is hard to get excited to attend Homecoming and get to see the Golden Eagles play some NAIA or D-II opponent.  

The Alumni Association doesn't seem to care about the basketball game. I spoke with several people when this decision was made and they were indifferent about the game. In fact, they neglected to tell the Athletic Department and then could not understand why there was not a game scheduled when they got around to telling them in September. The first Fall homecoming did not have a basketball game....

1 hour ago, ORUTerry said:

The Alumni Association doesn't seem to care about the basketball game. I spoke with several people when this decision was made and they were indifferent about the game. In fact, they neglected to tell the Athletic Department and then could not understand why there was not a game scheduled when they got around to telling them in September. The first Fall homecoming did not have a basketball game....

Crazy. The Homecoming athletic event is the staple of every homecoming across the country. I get that a low-major basketball game is probably not the exciting draw that an FBS football game is, but I would still argue that the Homecoming Game should be one of the major attractions for a homecoming, if not THE major attraction. 

School pride is definitely not a priority for the current administration.