Oklahoma State at ORU

theeagleman5

I agree Otis, I too was not thrilled about paying ESPN+ $4.95 per month or whatever but at the end of the day I love watching college sports, am a junkie in that regard and I have a couple alma maters that will put a lot of their sports on that channel so I bit the bullet and paid the price.  I wish it was on ESPN3 but am glad none the less to be able to watch the Golden Eagles

with ESPN hemorrhaging cable subscribers, i suspect more of their online streaming content will be placed behind their new ESPN+ paywall which launched last month.

Clay Travis has an article today that they lost 500k cable subs just in April ---- https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-loses-500000-subscribers-april/

7 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Does anyone know why the game was behind a paywall on ESPN+?  I’m accustomed to getting games for free on WatchESPN. I didn't bother to pay last night because I was comitted to finding the area of polygons and quadrilaterals with my 12 yo.

I did enjoy getting a text in the first inning from my HS buddy who is a proud OSU grad. It simply said “Dang.”

I believe ESPN is doing away with the WatchESPN model of their service for a premium paid service (ESPN+). So if you have a TV subscription with ESPN, you still have to pay extra for ESPN+. 

The camera angle on the play at the plate isn't the best but as a former baseball umpire of over 25 years...TheEagleman has no clue what the plate umpire was calling there....at first he appears to signal "safe" or " time out"....it's befuddling....he really has to make some kind of call there but have to agree with OT that I guess he was signaling catcher interference....looking at the play several times it doesn't appear to be interference at all...the catcher had the ball and made a bang bang play....OSU runner appeared to be easily out but again the angle wasn't the best...in the end, the umps got it right and that's what counts.....OSU not shaking hands is bullbleep....so they are trying to resurrect the Pete Incaviglia "tough guy" image???....not gonna happen...ORU has the Pokes' number...:eagles:..:-D

Maybe OSU is trying to resurrect the Robin Ventura tough guy image. :stuck-out-tongue-winking:

Ok now that I’ve watched that play a few times, I am even more confused by the Umps reaction, and the half hour delay. It seems fairly straightforward. The throw very obviously beat the runner, and the slide was awkward, but didn’t seem malicious at all. And the waving of the arms and confusion... what  in the world? No wonder nobody in the stands had any idea what happened. 

Like I said...TheEagleman umpired baseball from Little League up to the college level for 25 years and I had no idea what he was signaling....by the way....Just took note that on Monday, Baseball America called OSU the "best team in the Sooner State" after they swept OU last weekend...I wonder if they will take note this week that the Pokes are 0-2 against ORU this season???......:rock:

• Upvote 1

Replay was hard to tell but glad ORU got the call.

However, not shaking hands tells more of the story!