Should we anticipate staff changes?

ORUParentLurker

Awaiting the KoolAid crowd’s positive spin on yet another men’s basketball departure in three...two...one...  :shock:

I'm sure they wanted Hester to stay.  But what can you do? Cry about it?  He has family in the area and kids to think about.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Awaiting the KoolAid crowd’s positive spin on yet another men’s basketball departure in three...two...one...  :shock:

And their off!

Mills should hire Snoop Johnson.  No one more connected to metroplex hoopers and coaches.  It would be a brilliant move.

11 hours ago, Old Titan said:

And suddenly a new contender!

Some see a dumpster on fire and consider it half empty.  I prefer to see it as half full.

• Haha 1

Sounds like Coach Mills is going nowhere and new Asst. Coach Russ Springmann is a nice hire....Spent many years at UT in Austin  and he has been with the Thunder over the past year...any chance he can bring Russell Westbrook with him???...:oru-logo:

Talvin who???....8)

Biographical information from the Texas web site (worked for Rick Barnes for 14 years):   https://texassports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=113&path=mbball

Moved to the University of San Diego in 2015 :       http://www.usdtoreros.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/russell_springmann_964590.html

Has been a scout for the OKC Thunder for about a year or so

On 5/10/2018 at 2:50 PM, ORUParentLurker said:

Some see a dumpster on fire and consider it half empty.  I prefer to see it as half full.

Burn, Baby Burn.!!! Bring on November! I like what I am seeing. I also like what Mills and company are doing this year in spite of a few bumps in the road. Like I have said in the past. Time has a way of telling. There are some big-name recruits by our new Assistant Coach Russell Springmann. Congrats Coach Mills.

Springmann was watching his most famous recruit, Kevin Durant, play with the Oklahoma City Thunder one day shortly after his wife was pregnant. "I said I really like the name Durant," Springmann said. "And she jumped on board and never got off."

But Springmann, who was the one who recruited Durant to Texas, wanted to make sure he cleared it through the proper channels first. He called Durant’s parents and then made sure Kevin was alright with it, also. "They were cool with it," Springmann said. "And so was Kevin. We figured we couldn’t name our son after anyone better. Kevin’s everything we’d want our son to be."

It's no surprise, then, that those closest to Durant during his brilliant one-year stop at Texas apparently agree. Today's proof comes via Jeff Goodman, who found out that Texas assistant coach Russell Springmann decided to honor the former Texas star by naming his son -- yes -- Durant Springmann:

Eamonn BrennanESPN Staff Writer