Sign in to follow this  
ORUParentLurker

Should we anticipate staff changes?

ORUParentLurker

The MO for new head coaches is to get their own players and assistants in there.  Mills had only one recruit o the roster in year one.  He also retained two assistants.  We're definitely seeing some player turnover which is typical. I wonder if the coaching staff is set.

Dr. Cornelius

I don't see why there would be any change only one season in...

ORUalum

I think ORUpl's point was that a condition of employment for the new coach may have been retaining the interim coach and director of ops for the sake continuity to the program and players.  Now that we are one year in, would the coach have more latitude to round out his own staff as he sees fit?  It seems like a legitimate question and this first year may have been a year long job interview for a few people on the staff.

ORUALUMNUS99

I am pretty sure that Coach Perry has not been at workouts for this entire off season if that is what many of you are wondering. Perry and Upshaw were both holdovers from the Sutton era so that the players would all not get up and request their papers. Which did not help much since we lost all of our main players except for Kearns.

ORUParentLurker

I'm hearing Perry has not been retained.

#1ORUFAN
On 4/24/2018 at 10:44 PM, ORUParentLurker said:

I'm hearing Perry has not been retained.

He has been removed from the web site that list coaches. 

ORUalum

All the best to Coach Perry. He seems like a great guy.  Tough situation being a holdover from the previous staff. 

Hester seems to focus on primarily recruiting TX, Patterson the foreign guys, and Bozeman appears to have AR roots

Old Titan
2 hours ago, ORUalum said:

All the best to Coach Perry. He seems like a great guy.  Tough situation being a holdover from the previous staff. 

Hester seems to focus on primarily recruiting TX, Patterson the foreign guys, and Bozeman appears to have AR roots

Which is all well and good, but I'm most interested in seeing which coach emerges as the leader in (as Alec Baldwin so succinctly describes in the wonderful horror movie Glengarry Glen Ross) "getting them to sign on the line which is dotted!!"

ORUalum

Put. That. Coffee. Down! 

Coffee's for closers only.

Old Titan
37 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Put. That. Coffee. Down! 

Coffee's for closers only.

Chilling, if you’ve ever worked in sales. 

One of the great single-scene performances in cinema history, rivaling Jack Nicholson’s courtroom scene in “A Few Good Men” and Robert Shaw recounting the sinking of the Indianapolis in “Jaws”.  

theeagleman5

It IS one of the great scenes in movie history....too bad OT can't post the entire 10 minute clip but it's very R rated.....:devil:

ORUParentLurker

What's hilarious is that most definitely is one of the most memorable and iconic scenes in movie history.  Yet it was part of a pretty horrible movie.  Which is pretty shocking considering the cast.

ORUTerry
4 hours ago, ORUalum said:

Agreed - I liked Perry. He seemed like a nice guy and good fit. Hope he lands on his feet.

Bozeman is originally from Mississippi and played at South Florida before moving to Little Rock. He has had success recruiting in the Southland Conference. I have to think that MIlls assumes he can bring his links/contacts with him to ORU.

ORUParentLurker

Another change coming.. heads up.

ORU82

Ok, care to share?

#1ORUFAN

Spill the beans........if you know!

ORUalum

RUSTON – Louisiana Tech men’s basketball head coach Eric Konkol announced on Wednesday the addition of Talvin Hester as an assistant coach on the Bulldog staff................

LINK

#1ORUFAN

Wow....this is becoming serious. 

Old Titan

Awaiting the KoolAid crowd’s positive spin on yet another men’s basketball departure in three...two...one...  :shock:

ORUParentLurker

I'm sure they wanted Hester to stay.  But what can you do? Cry about it?  He has family in the area and kids to think about.

• Upvote 2

#1ORUFAN
10 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Awaiting the KoolAid crowd’s positive spin on yet another men’s basketball departure in three...two...one...  :shock:

And their off!

WingMaaaan

What is going on with the program? Is Mills spiraling? Job too tough?

Dr. Cornelius

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

ORUalum

Mills should hire Snoop Johnson.  No one more connected to metroplex hoopers and coaches.  It would be a brilliant move.