Field of 64 Projections

Bogus Smith

Very interesting....Bogus Smith?....I thought he had passed away a couple years ago.....???...:P:-D:-P

Nope, just trolling.  Mrs. Smith usually keeps me up to date on what is going on, but thought I would provide the "Breaking News" on this one.  :) 

• Like 1

NDSU swept Omaha in a doubleheader today, 2-1 (10 innings) and 2-0, and ORU is back in first. http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/bsb/2017-18/standings

With a 2-game lead in the loss column (but the head-to-head tiebreaker going against them), If the good guys can win 5 of 6 against WIU and IPFW, they'll *hold the lead after the first half of the regular season.* (Edited because I forgot they now play home and home series with everyone). 

Edited by ORUTex

• 2 weeks later...

Look familiar?

Baseball America 4/18 projection

• Arkansas (3)
  • Ok State
  • Missouri St
  • ORU
  •    

OSU a 2 seed?....and we just whipped them 10-5.....hopefully that win helps ORU's RPI just a little....but I fear the damage has already been done....:shake:

• 1 month later...

SEC Country has the following 16 teams listed as likely 1 seeds and regional hosts.

1. Florida
  2. Stanford
  3. Oregon State
  4. North Carolina
  5. Ole Miss
  6. Georgia
  7. Clemson
  8. Arkansas
  9. Texas Tech
  10. NC State
  11. East Carolina
  12. Florida State
  13. Duke
  14. Minnesota
  15. Coastal Carolina
  16. Stetson

The only team on this list near Tulsa is Arkansas (Fayetteville like last year).  The other next closest teams would be Texas Tech (Lubbock), Ole Miss, and Minnesota.  Unless we get the Fayetteville regional, we will be traveling quite a ways.

The latest projection I could find from Baseball America is 2-3 weeks old (May 9th), but it lists ORU as a 4-seed playing in Fayetteville.

1. (5) Arkansas^  
2. Central Florida  
3. Baylor  
4. Oral Roberts*

It also lists OSU as hosting a regional, but OSU has lost way too many games since then and is not considered a potential 1-seed at this point.

D1baseball.com has a 2-3 week old projection as well with ORU as a 4-seed playing at 1-seed OSU.  However, this is not an accurate projection because OSU is not currently expected to host a regional because they are 1-9 over their last 10 games including a 2 and out in the Big 12 tournament and currently have a record of 29-24-1.

Interestingly, when OSU last played ORU (a 6-5 ORU victory), they headed into that game 27-14-1, winning 7 games in a row including a sweep of OU, a win over DBU, and looking like a possible 1-seed and regional host.  However, starting with the ORU win (OSU loss) OSU has finished the year 2-10.

It's Arkansas at 3:00 pm Friday in Fayetteville.  Also in that Regional is DBU and Southern Mississippi.

Just guessing that the Hogs can't be real happy playing ORU again... Heck, they avoid playing us in the regular season like we have a communicable disease....would love to see the Good Guys take them out....does UA have a stud ace pitcher??...:eagles:

TheEagleman thinks that we can be very competitive in this regional...ORU only has to travel about 60 miles and our fans should be there....I wonder which starter Coach Folmar will select for Friday afternoon?...I really don't care for the Hogs...plus they won't play us in a game or two in the regular season... What a bunch of wusses....:nod: