#19 OU at ORU

ORUTex

OU is coming off a sweep of Baylor and is 20-10, 6-0 in the Big 12, and #19 in the new Baseball America rankings. Seems like the perfect time to beat them!

It's also apparently Fireworks Night, so there should be a good crowd.

The game is on ESPN3 starting at 6:30 tonight - details and links here: http://oruathletics.com/sports/bsb/2017-18/releases/20180402q6zks6

Looks like ORU battled and got decent pitching but you can't beat the Sooners with 2 runs/4 hits....we fall to 16-11....:|

Pitching was good enough to win.  Our 7-9 hitters had 7 stripe-outs.  This is not a one game occurrence.  Somehow the 7-9 guys need to just get the ball in play!  Why not bunt?  Rotola has a Bump Bailey fear of hitting the wall which I understand after breaking his arm last year.  I thought Rotola was going to catch Murray's deep ball to center but it went for a 2-run scoring triple.  The important thing is to take care of business this weekend at Western Illinois.

I too thought that Rotola was going to catch Murray's deep ball in the 9th, but he pulled up short getting near the wall.  It was obvious he stopped when he got close to the wall which led to the 2-run scoring triple.  Had he kept going he could have easily caught the ball and got the out with no one scoring.