2018 Transfers

Eaglefan 21

Reeves announced he is transferring from Wichita State. They are losing eleven (!!!) players to graduation, transfer or NBA (Europe). The Shockers have three returning players and only 2 recruits so far. (A big time recruit from Memphis de-committed). This has to be a record. 

They need 8 more recruits to fill out their roster

I would have thought Javan would get better offers than UMASS!

1 hour ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I would have thought Javan would get better offers than UMASS!

Maybe he just wanted out!

39 minutes ago, #1ORUFAN said:

Maybe he just wanted out!

Mills will get the right people in the right seats on his bus.

Transferring from ORU to UMASS?....not a that huge upgrade, Javan.....you would start and play 30-35 minutes a game here.....but I guess that there are good reasons.....:rolleyes:

I think someone else in Javans family is making the decisions and it's all about making the pros.  They are looking to upgrade conferences. I heard he's got offers from Nevada and LSU.  A few others.  Yes, the A10 is considered an upgrade, it is a multi bid league.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ORUParentLurker said:

I think someone else in Javans family is making the decisions and it's all about making the pros.  They are looking to upgrade conferences. I heard he's got offers from Nevada and LSU.  A few others.  Yes, the A10 is considered an upgrade, it is a multi bid league.

Facilities, money, and money all make UMass a very interesting option. Although we may have had the same record as UMass the way the men's team is living, traveling and probably eating are a night and day difference if we compare the two schools. Personally id be more interested in Nevada since LSU has two five star bigs coming In this next year. 

Yeah LSU has been a disaster for years with terrible coaching.  UMass cares about basketball and Nevada currently cares since they have a great coach.  Travel from Amherst, MA or Reno, NV is no joke though.  Planes, trains, etc...

The A10 is better conference but UMass has only finished in the top 5 once in the past 10 years. 

20 hours ago, ORUParentLurker said:

Reading some articles about the situations at UMass and Nevada, it sounds like scholarships remaining are tight and Iowa State has not even offered.  One article said that Javan would be the third of four options for a big man spot open at Nevada where he visited this weekend.

Having said that, any chance he returns to ORU or have Javan and the ORU coaches completely moved on?

If he didn't get an offer anywhere else and asked to come back, I'm sure the coaches would welcome him back with open arms. 

I would be shocked if they didnt. Javan is considered a perfect fit based on the Intel I have.  I give that a very slim chance though.

so much for my hoping that Javan might return if he could not find the right fit.......sound like the P5 interest is picking up for him

why do I have a feeling we are going to see a repeat of this next year with Eman?

Graduates are a threat to leave for everyone.  So yeah, if Eman is set to graduate in three years then I almost expect it.  I'm seeing kids all over the country leaving very good situations.  The only way I can explain it is they just want to try something different.

Javan would get 35+ minutes a game and every opportunity to maximize his stats and Summit League accolades at ORU.  At LSU or Clemson, at best he would be a 6th or 7th man off the bench and in a dogfight with other talented players for playing time.  To me this does not make sense.