2018 Transfers

Eaglefan 21

As seasons end for their programs, players are on the move. I saw a few familiar names on verbal commits transfer list that I thought I would toss out there. Cameron Martin from Yukon, Jakolby long of Mustang, and Tre Evans of Edmond. Not sure how Coach Mills will handle transfers but Sutton certainly had success with them. Any chance one of these guys will take a fresh start closer to home? Maybe we aren't in the picture for any of them but we currently have roster space.

I know ORU was recruiting and offered Evans prior to his signing with Fordham... It will be interesting to see if we pick up a transfer.

looked up his twitter..........

Mar 12 his dad is named the head coach as SWOSU and on Mar 16.......

I'd wager he ends up playing for his dad.

Not good.

Have to think ORU finishes no higher than 7th in the Summit next season.

Guess he saw how poorly things went for Albert and decided to get the heck out before it happened to him. 

It appears that he graduates this Spring and will have two years of eligibility left. I suspect that he was 'contacted' by schools. Probably closer to home....

Springtime used to be when starter-quality D-1 prospects transferred TO ORU:

Mickey Michalec (Texas Tech)

Rod Pearson (SE Missouri)

Adam Liberty (Wichita State)

Marcus Lewis (Portland)

Shawn Glover (Utah)

Kevin Ford (Ball State)

Damen Bell-Holter (Missouri State)

Drew Wilson (Missouri State)

Obi Emegano (Western Illinois)

Aaron Anderson (Fresno State)

What a bummer.  He would have been a key contributor next year.  It is tough to replace him at this late date.  Juco?

6 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

What a bummer.  He would have been a key contributor next year.  It is tough to replace him at this late date.  Juco?

National Letter of Intent (NLI) signing day for basketball is April 11th; open signing period until May 16th.

After that, no NLI's - unsigned prospects are fair game until attending class in the fall (and can't be officially announced till then).

As of today, we have 4 spots to fill.  I trust the staff is mum on who they are pursuing. We need help and help badly.  We only have 5 on scholarship and 4 incoming freshmen. Not good. Call Bill Self to ask for help. 

Really disappointing news. He seemed to be the perfect fit for ORU. Best of luck to him in whatever comes next. 

Really disappointing! Rather than stay and be a part of struggle that leads to success,  today these young athletes are just looking for the immediate opportunity to bolt...there’s no loyolaty it seems anymore...just really disappointed...hope ORU gets an opportunity to beat him!

Javan seemed to be a great contributor to the ORU community. I wish him the best in his career. Thanks, Javan! 

• Upvote 1

All the best to Javan, but that really sets ORU back.

Good for him graduating in 3 years  --- size, athleticism. 2 years left and eligible right away  ---- he will have some nice offers, although it sounds in his post that feelers have already been out there and he knows where he is headed

4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Springtime used to be when starter-quality D-1 prospects transferred TO ORU:

Mickey Michalec (Texas Tech)

Rod Pearson (SE Missouri)

Adam Liberty (Wichita State)

Marcus Lewis (Portland)

Shawn Glover (Utah)

Kevin Ford (Ball State)

Damen Bell-Holter (Missouri State)

Drew Wilson (Missouri State)

Obi Emegano (Western Illinois)

Aaron Anderson (Fresno State)

DBH never played a game for Mo St wouldn't really consider him a transfer. I know he originally committed there but still. And its funny how time changes this board I remember not to long ago when I would read the message board and there would be absolutely zero basketball positives about Drew Wilson or Aaron Anderson...