Sign in to follow this  
Eaglefan 21

2018 Transfers

Eaglefan 21

As seasons end for their programs, players are on the move. I saw a few familiar names on verbal commits transfer list that I thought I would toss out there. Cameron Martin from Yukon, Jakolby long of Mustang, and Tre Evans of Edmond. Not sure how Coach Mills will handle transfers but Sutton certainly had success with them. Any chance one of these guys will take a fresh start closer to home? Maybe we aren't in the picture for any of them but we currently have roster space.

Dr. Cornelius

I know ORU was recruiting and offered Evans prior to his signing with Fordham... It will be interesting to see if we pick up a transfer.

ORUalum

looked up his twitter..........

Mar 12 his dad is named the head coach as SWOSU and on Mar 16.......

I'd wager he ends up playing for his dad.

ORUALUMNUS99

Javan White has put on his instagram feed that he will transfer schools. 

theeagleman5

:o|(:rain:;(:-(

ORUalum

Huge blow to the team!  Wow!

Iowa State??

Dr. Cornelius

Not good.

Have to think ORU finishes no higher than 7th in the Summit next season.

#1ORUFAN

Guess he saw how poorly things went for Albert and decided to get the heck out before it happened to him. 

ORUTerry

It appears that he graduates this Spring and will have two years of eligibility left. I suspect that he was 'contacted' by schools. Probably closer to home....

Old Titan

Springtime used to be when starter-quality D-1 prospects transferred TO ORU:

Mickey Michalec (Texas Tech)

Rod Pearson (SE Missouri)

Adam Liberty (Wichita State)

Marcus Lewis (Portland)

Shawn Glover (Utah)

Kevin Ford (Ball State)

Damen Bell-Holter (Missouri State)

Drew Wilson (Missouri State)

Obi Emegano (Western Illinois)

Aaron Anderson (Fresno State)

ORUJason

What a bummer.  He would have been a key contributor next year.  It is tough to replace him at this late date.  Juco?

Old Titan
6 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

What a bummer.  He would have been a key contributor next year.  It is tough to replace him at this late date.  Juco?

National Letter of Intent (NLI) signing day for basketball is April 11th; open signing period until May 16th.

After that, no NLI's - unsigned prospects are fair game until attending class in the fall (and can't be officially announced till then).

ORU GRAD

As of today, we have 4 spots to fill.  I trust the staff is mum on who they are pursuing. We need help and help badly.  We only have 5 on scholarship and 4 incoming freshmen. Not good. Call Bill Self to ask for help. 

EagleManiac

Really disappointing news. He seemed to be the perfect fit for ORU. Best of luck to him in whatever comes next. 

ORUIllini

Really disappointing! Rather than stay and be a part of struggle that leads to success,  today these young athletes are just looking for the immediate opportunity to bolt...there’s no loyolaty it seems anymore...just really disappointed...hope ORU gets an opportunity to beat him!

vcboy2000

Javan seemed to be a great contributor to the ORU community. I wish him the best in his career. Thanks, Javan! 

• Upvote 1

ORUalum

All the best to Javan, but that really sets ORU back.

Good for him graduating in 3 years  --- size, athleticism. 2 years left and eligible right away  ---- he will have some nice offers, although it sounds in his post that feelers have already been out there and he knows where he is headed

ORUALUMNUS99
4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Springtime used to be when starter-quality D-1 prospects transferred TO ORU:

Mickey Michalec (Texas Tech)

Rod Pearson (SE Missouri)

Adam Liberty (Wichita State)

Marcus Lewis (Portland)

Shawn Glover (Utah)

Kevin Ford (Ball State)

Damen Bell-Holter (Missouri State)

Drew Wilson (Missouri State)

Obi Emegano (Western Illinois)

Aaron Anderson (Fresno State)

DBH never played a game for Mo St wouldn't really consider him a transfer. I know he originally committed there but still. And its funny how time changes this board I remember not to long ago when I would read the message board and there would be absolutely zero basketball positives about Drew Wilson or Aaron Anderson...

ORUParentLurker

I was hoping Javan would stick around after his first complete season of not being injured.  I can understand 3 years of losing and it wears on you.  But he's walking away from being a true cornerstone of a team.  99.9% of kids transfer for playing time.  I doubt he gets more elsewhere.  At any rate, I suspect any and all graduating big men out there are being contacted.

ORUTerry

Hate to see Javan leave. Seems like a nice kid and good fit for ORU. I’m sure that schools have been re-recruiting him given his plans to graduate. Good luck to him. 

Saw in the newspaper that two Oklahoma players are transferring out. That leaves them pretty thin since Trey Young is leaving for the NBA draft(???!!)

ORUalum

Discover raw talent that was missed, develop and nurse injuries for 3 years and another school gets to reap the upside of the player......such is the life of a low major.  By not playing him second semester last season, Sutton and ORU gave him another full year to help another program.

Like was mentioned above, ORU better start winning or we will see even more of these transfers.

Eman will be a hot commodity next year, assuming he is on schedule to graduate.

ORUalum

ORUIllini

What a joke....doesn’t even play a year, and he’s out of there...all this player movement makes me sick!

ORUalum
14 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

What a joke....doesn’t even play a year, and he’s out of there...all this player movement makes me sick!

I cut K-Mart slack on this one.  Eustachy got canned for mistreatment of players.

I guarantee OU will appeal to the NCAA and have him on the court next year without having to forgo another year sitting out.

My favorite was the football player OU got eligible a few years ago that had to flee the horrible allergies of Fresno for the allergy free sanctuary that is Norman Oklahoma.:D

ORUTerry

OU is in need of guards... and they found one.