NCAA Tournament

theeagleman5

UMBC?....anybody who picked them over VA is a genius....who could have imagined that small  school with an RPI of near 200  could win over the top team in the country....and by 20 points....and in the NCAA tournament in prime time?...that was a total runaway....perhaps the biggest upset in spots since the Miracle on Ice or Douglas over Tyson.....:geek:

It’s the year of the dog in the Chinese calendar. And I have Virginia winning it all in my bracket 

Yes, truly a miracle.  Interesting tidbit, 16th seeds are now 1-135 against 1 seeds.  However, if you are a Cleveland Browns fan you are probably thinking, so what is wrong with that it matches our record over the past decade.:sunglasses:

Virginia gone....Cincinnati gone....Michigan State gone....Tennessee gone....TheEagleman is done in his brackets.....:wacko:

Epic collapse by Cincinatti. Glad the American is out of the tourney. #overrated

We have seen Buffalo beat Arizona by 19....UMBC beat #1 ranked Virginia by 20 and now today Cincinnati blows a 22 point lead in the final 10 minutes to Nevada and Texas A&M clobbers UNC by 20+......TheEagleman has no clue what's going on in this tournament......amazing!....:drunk:

And down goes Xavier............good for Leonard Hamilton, it feels like he's been at FSU forever.

I also loved the end of the Syracuse / Michigan State game earlier............Boeheim fouls not once but twice when up 3 late.......oh that ORU coaches would adopt that philosophy.

What a great weekend of hoops!!!!!

Yeah...Xavier out....they blew a 12 point lead in the final 6 minutes......crazy.....and TheEagleman hopes Coach Mills was watching the Boeheim tactic....might help when ORU is in the same situation next year.....can't help but think....if UMBC can beat a #1 seed in an NCAA Tournament game....why not ORU?.....of course, would help if we ever made the tournament.....probably not in our forseeable future......and don't look now but Loyola-Chi has a decent shot to make the Final Four....who would have thunk it?.....:|

Mills starts around 1 hour 22 minutes in............Mills talks also about DJ Weaver's injury,  type of players he recruits, and new summer rules for hours of coaching allowed

Obviously not a fan of his up 3 thinking.............seems to be a position of fear rather than confidence.......he does not seem to have any faith his players can execute

Boeheim fouled both at half court inbound and full court inbound once the ball reached half court yesterday.  He told the announcers before the game "I will always foul up 3".............and he lived up to his word and won.

And on the women's side, Central Michigan University put a beat down on Ohio State tonight in Columbus by a score of 95-78, while Buffalo ran Florida State off the floor to win 86-65.  The MAC now has 2 teams in the "Sweet 16" of the 2018 NCAA Women's Basketball Tourney.  So much for the so-called "Power 5" conferences.

What happened to DJ Weaver???...:sweat:

4 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

What happened to DJ Weaver???...:sweat:

injured his hand in the state playoffs.........required surgery, but should be good to go for the fall

----------------

i also thought his comments about the roster were interesting.  he said he made no changes based on talent, but that his non-negotiables were drugs and theft and seemed to hint that that was a cause in part for some of the changes since taking over last year.  at least that's how it came across to me.

K-State dodges a bullet not fouling up 3 as the shot rimmed out...........loved seeing Kentucky get bounced:sunglasses:

If Duke goes out tonight, this may be the greatest tournament ever.

TheEagleman had a huge play on Nova and the over last night....easy $$$....Cats looking good for another final four appearance if they can beat Sean Sutton and Texas Tech tomorrow....shouldn't be a problem....might just let it ride?....8)

Loyola Chicago shocks the world and is headed to the Final Four....the biggest surprise since George Mason a several years ago.....I think their run will end against Michigan but ya never know.....another nice win for TheEagleman last night as I teased FSU and the Under and came away with the win thanks to Michigan not being able to hit many FTs in the final two minutes.....the Noles were able to cover despite not winning the game......this afternoon I will play Villanova and the Over vs. Texas Tech....should be a really good game but will be surprised if the Cats are not playing next Saturday vs. Duke/Kansas winner.....:geek:

Villanova came thru for TheEagleman today but unfortunately the game didn't go over....lost the teaser bet but won with Nova -6.5....so it was a wash....saw Sean Sutton on the TTU bench....glad he enjoyed that nice NCAA ride....the Red Raiders are good. Will Nova be going up vs. Coach K or Bill Self next Sat. Night???....:geek:

Billy Self and KU make it past Duke tonight in OT in what was a really fun game to watch....So Villanova vs. Kansas in the nightcap next Saturday night after Michigan faces upstart Loyola/Chicago in the opener....should be some very good basketball....8)