Summit League in post season tournaments

ORU82

So SDSU gets Ohio State in the Big Dance on Thursday in Boise, while Ft. Wayne gets Central Michigan tomorrow in the CIT and USD will host North Texas in the CBI.  I am shocked USD did not get an NIT invite.  Of course it could be worse, you could be Oklahoma State and wonder why Oklahoma got an invite to the Big Dance and you did not.  Oh well, good luck to the Jacks, Coyotes and Mastodons.  Make us proud!  Go Summit league!

At least one 12 seed upsets a 5 every year...SDST could be a trendy pick in the NCAA pools....not real impressed with Ohio State when I have seen them and fans in Boise will root for the Jacks....:sdsu:

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

At least one 12 seed upsets a 5 every year...SDST could be a trendy pick in the NCAA pools....not real impressed with Ohio State when I have seen them and Boise fans will root for the Jacks....:sdsu:

I would think that all the Gonzaga fans would be rooting for the Jacks.

It is an interesting matchup and bracket.  If the Jacks show up and play their best ball I too believe they can beat the Buckeyes.  Actually, I would love to see a Jacks' victory.  I also think SDSU can beat either team in round two who I think will be Gonzaga.  If that happens they become a "Sweet 16" participant.  Oh and as for fans, some of the most arrogant fans on earth are from Ohio State.  For at least their fan base, Ohio State will show up thinking SDSU and the Summit are a joke and all Ohio State has to do is show up for the game.  Just check out Ohio State fan blogs and you will see what I am talking about.  I love telling their fans I passed on that University not once but twice, both undergrad and law school.  Accepted to both and in the end passed on both.

TheEagleman is inclined to go with the Jacks over Ohio State in the first round....but I am likely to go with Gonzaga in round two....the Zags are not a Final Four team this season but are still very good and should make the Sweet 16.....:geek:

13 hours ago, ORU82 said:

So SDSU gets Ohio State in the Big Dance on Thursday in Boise, while Ft. Wayne gets Central Michigan tomorrow in the CIT and USD will host North Texas in the CBI.  I am shocked USD did not get an NIT invite.  Of course it could be worse, you could be Oklahoma State and wonder why Oklahoma got an invite to the Big Dance and you did not.  Oh well, good luck to the Jacks, Coyotes and Mastodons.  Make us proud!  Go Summit league!

Oklahoma got the Trae Young exemption. And Syracuse got the...whatever it is that let's them in every year with 13 losses.

• Upvote 1

South Dakota loses to North Texas 90-77 at home. Mooney was 8-28.

6 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

South Dakota loses to North Texas 90-77 at home. Mooney was 8-28.

He was also 2-14 from 3 pt. line. Maybe that’s why they didn’t get NIT invite. 

So Ft. Wayne loses to Central Michigan on Monday in the CIT on their home court and South Dakota loses to North Texas on their home court yesterday in the CBI.  Both go out in the first round.  Hopefully SDSU can pull off the upset of No. 5 Ohio State in Boise in the first round of the Big Dance.  Go Jacks!

SDST needs to get up and stay up on Ohio State...TheEagleman will be out with some buddies watching the games this afternoon and quaffing a few cold brews.....I have the Jacks in both my brackets.....calling it SDST 79  OSU 76......:o:sdsu::geek:

I don't see SDSU winning. I think the 12 that gets an upset will be Murray State. But I haven't kept up very well on other teams this year. 

West Virginia is real good....they aren't losing to Murray State....Ohio State is soooo overrated....TheEagleman agrees that the Jacks are underdogs but if they play their game I see them beating the Buckeyes especially if the crowd gets behind SDST......:sdsu:

25 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

SDSU was Jay Bilas' upset pick this morning on ESPN.

At least it wasn’t Seth Davis... that’s usually the kiss of death 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

At least it wasn’t Seth Davis... that’s usually the kiss of death 

Ol Seth has been picking a 16 to beat a 1 every year since ORU vs Memphis. This year's victim, Penn, gave Kansas a run though.

SDSU almost pulled it off. If UNCG beat Gonzaga the bracket would have really opened up for them. I still think SDSU could have beaten the Zags, this is not one of their better teams.

And how about Loyola? That Valley invite seems to have turned out ok. 

S.D. St. gave it a run but not enough gas in the tank....I thought the Jacks played pretty well....it was worth a shot....had Loyola and URI...but NC State let TheEagleman down big time.....:shake:

This game was the story of SDSU's season.  If Jenkins Jr. plays well, SDSU normally wins.  In this game, he was 4-17 from the floor with 3 TO's.  He was 1-10 in the first round of the Summit League Tournament but SDSU still barely beat Western Illinois in that game.  He did play good enough in the second round and championship games to make the all tournament team so he can light it up but he's hit and miss.  He is a freshman so that will hopefully go away (for SDSU fans) after this season.

Jenkins Jr and Key are the only players that TJ recruited that played for SDSU this season.  He did have 4 recruits sit out this year and 3 more recruits (this years class) coming in so next year we might get more of a look at his type of team.  Of course we do have 4 starters coming back, if they all return, so who knows what will happen.