ORU vs. Denver

theeagleman5

Bummer.  Ugly last possession.  Had so many chances to win it earlier.

Just now, ORUJason said:

Bummer.  Ugly last possession.  Had so many chances to win it earlier.

Like in regulation?

Laughable.....but TheEagleman had ORU +6.5 and the OVER....a win is a win.....good night to a bad season.....:eagles:.:clap::eagles:

Mills scorecard:

• Going small to get back in the game :thumbs-up-2:
  • Not fouling up 3 at the end of regulation:thumbs-down-2:
  • Play drawn up at the end of OT 1 :thumbs-down-2:
  • Play drawn up at the end of OT 2 :thumbs-down-2:

You know who could have coached those late game situations just as poorly?????

:hcsutton2:

• Upvote 1

Want a total lock??....take South Dakota and give as many points as you like tomorrow night.....Coyotes by 20+.....8)

:hcsutton:......geez....that did look familiar.....:rolleyes:

Credit tot the players tonight for fighting back after getting down 13 in the 2nd half.  It would have have been easy to pack it in and quit as we've seen recent ORU teams do.

Tough night. At the end of the day.. it was an improvement on last year, which is all I was hoping for Mills this year. I’ll wait until next season to cast my judgment on his coaching abilities. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Tough night. At the end of the day.. it was an improvement on last year, which is all I was hoping for Mills this year. I’ll wait until next season to cast my judgment on his coaching abilities. 

Agreed. Mills hasn’t even been here a full year.

Way too early to judge him based on this season.

• Upvote 1

Lets see what Coach Mills does next year with his own recruiting class...but tonite was a lot of same old same old...:oru-logo:

Anybody know what Coach Mills had to say about Ruder not fouling with a 3 point lead and under 10 seconds to play in regulation?  To say the least....That surely was a costly mistake......:mellow:

All personal opinion, but in the grand scheme of things this loss isn't a huge deal. Lots of learning took place this season, and this is just another lesson learned that going forward will hopefully make Mills, staff, and players better for it.....

As for the present, the loss is tough to take because of the fact that they did fight back so hard and had the game essentially won...not once, but maybe twice....and so it's tough to swallow because in a tournament, you just never know what can happen...Denver could go and upset the South Dakota's and wind up in the Dance...

My expectations are high for next year.... another full off season for Mills to implement his ways, most of the regulars are returning, and an incoming class handpicked by Mills and staff....

I hope Kevin Obanor was visualizing himself playing in the tourney next year and contributing to a conference championship in Sioux Falls!

My expectations for next year are a winning season for sure, with 16-20 wins....helped by a somewhat softer non-conference schedule

I believe the future of ORU basketball is bright and in good hands with Paul Mills! 

• Upvote 1

This game felt like a microcosm of the season. Lots of good things happening, then periods of inexplicably poor play, fighting back to try to extend the season, then ultimately not making the plays at the end.

Overall, this season gives me hope that coach Mills can turn this around. It looks like he has some good recruits coming in, and we return our main contributors from this season. 

Also, I don't think he managed the end of overtime 1 badly. Based on Adam's call of the game, Ruder had a good look to win it. The second overtime ending sounded like Denver blew up what we wanted to do and the guys didn't know how to react.