ORU @ DBU

Otis 83

Any Dallas area alumni planning to attend?  I’m trying to swing either FrIday or Sunday. I need to order some updated gear to replace my Eli wear. 

Looks like there is a lot of interest among the DFW alumni for this series. :stuck-out-tongue-winking:

Anyway, I will be sitting in the first row behind the visitor’s dug out, section 109, with Mrs Otis and the four junior Otises on Friday night. 

Edited by Otis 83
Change emoji
  • Upvote 1

TheEagleman will expect a full report, Otis....looks like decent baseball weather in Big D for this important 3 game series in the region with 25th ranked Dallas Baptist....ORU needs to get the bats going or this could be a long weekend....our pitching has been mostly outstanding.....guessing McMinn starts in the opener?  Maybe it's time Ausua gets the opening nod....that kid is clearly the ACE of the staff.....:eagles:

DBU draws first blood after ORU strands 2. It is a beautiful night. These guys have a nice stadium. 

There is good ORU representation. I guess none of them are on the message board :(

DBU beat us like they owned us.  They whipped us like a rented mule.  Nothing like learning a lesson in humility.  Final score, DBU wins 10-1.  Absolutely pathetic performance by the Golden Eagles.  What an embarrassment!

It was a tough night for the Golden Eagles. McMinn wasn't quite as sharp as he needed to be. Harrison Smith comes in with the bases loaded and no outs and gets us out of the inning giving up only one run.  That could have been a turning point but then came that ugly 6th inning  

We had our chances. Stranded two in the first. Third out of the sixth was at home. It wasn't even close. The runner should have been held at third which would have loaded the bases. 

They've got a good squad.  Hannah, their lead off hitter from Flower Mound, owned us.  

On a brighter note we had fun at the game. Great yard. We were on the jumbotron a couple of times. Most of the ORU fans seemed to be player’s families.  I spoke with Andrew Pace’s dad who drove up from Beaumont for the series. 

It was fun sitting right behind the dugout. I got to show my 12 year old how a team should act during a game. All the players up on their feet the whole game encouraging their team mates. If only I could manage his 12U dugout that well. :unsure:

Two years in a row that Folmar and company have had issues identifying the Friday night starter.  He finally relented and moved Howe to the pen last year.  It might be time to consider moving McMinn to Sunday or mid-week starter.

I'm convinced Townsend is a weekend arm.

I believe Ausua gets the start today. We can't make it to the game but Fox Sports SW is taking care of us.  

DBU doing what DBU does to ORU. Jump on mistakes made on the mound and in the field. 4-0 DBU going to the 3rd. 

Cummings lost a fly ball in the sun and Ausua gives up a 3-run homer

Sac fly by Hernandez and RBI single by Cummings cuts it to 4-2.

Hanging in there. Got the game on Fox Sports Southwest this afternoon. Hopefully we can keep this one close

• Upvote 1

ORU salvages a game in the series, winning 4-2.  McGregor battled control issues but was tough while Townsend and Stout were electric in relief.  ORU scores 3 in the 9th with big hits from Pearson and Hernandez.

• W: Stout

Getting outscored 20-10 in this 3 game series at DBU we are fortunate to win one game....but TheEagleman will a take it...ORU now 8-5 on the season....:eagles:

Wow! I checked the score on Twitter at the end of the eighth and saw we were down a run. Figured the game was over and forgot about it until I saw the final score on Facebook. That’s a GREAT win. Hopefully we can use this as a momentum builder going forward.