Summit League Tournament

theeagleman5

18 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

SDSU 97 South Dakota 87....cha ching!! Congrats to the Jacks on another title.... Really nice that they only have to drive 20-25 miles to play in tournament every year....:sdsu:

This is fairly close.

Brookings- 55 miles, 52 minutes

Vermillion- 64 miles, 1 hour and 1 minute

Omaha- 185 miles, 3 hours

Fargo- 242 miles, 3 1/2 hours

Grand Forks- 317 miles, 4 1/2 hours

This is probably not exact but it is close (in nice weather)!!

Watched most of the game last night - and thought it was one of the better-played Summit championship games in recent history.  While they were both playing in their home state, these two teams were CLEARLY the class of the conference this year - and it showed in the game.  The Summit League continues to improve - and we must step up our recruiting to compete on a consistent basis.  Good luck to the Jacks - they have a chance to be a Cinderella story this year.

Yep, congrats and good luck to both the Jacks in the Big Dance and also to the Yotes in the NIT.  Make some noise boys!  Would love to see South Dakota get an at-large bid in the Big Dance but I don't think it will happen.  However, the Summit continues to get better each year and having 11,000+ in the house for the conference championship looks good to a national audience.

The Jacks deserve to be a 12 seed and could surely win a first round game and perhaps even advance to the Sweet 16 depending on the draw. They are VERY good....I love that little freshman PG they have...he is dynamic...Daum is a very good Summit player but will be an end of the bench guy in the NBA if he even makes the NBA....he's more of a European player.....:geek:

On 3/7/2018 at 7:33 AM, theeagleman5 said:

Supposedly we have 2 or 3 nice recruits coming in for 2018-19.....TheEagleman is hoping for better days ahead with Coach Mills.....bye bye Big Albert....we never made the dance with him in the line up.....:shake:

I’ve read this forum for several year and this is my first time posting here and never thought about posting until I read your statement.  So here is my question to do you really believe that it was all his fault for not making the dance?

Uh....the answer would be NO...of course it's not all Alberts' fault the past 4 years...coaching staff and players all bear responsibility.....but some guys bear just a LITTLE MORE responsibility and just saying we never made the Tournament in his 4 years...in fact, never even won a Summit League Tournament game with Albert....he was our big time guy and he carries a lot of weight...he has been our starting Center....never got the job done....so just sayin'.....but you should know this since you are apparently the #1 ORU Fan of all time....;-)

Owens had to deal with a lot of his teammates transferring, change in conference, change in coaching staff...

True, we never made it to the tournament with Owens but he has been a great ambassador for the school - graduating early and sticking it out when he could have left.

• Upvote 2

Just saying we should be mindful when we make those types of statements. I’m sure he probably reads this thread along with his parents and friends. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Owens had to deal with a lot of his teammates transferring, change in conference, change in coaching staff...

True, we never made it to the tournament with Owens but he has been a great ambassador for the school - graduating early and sticking it out when he could have left.

Well said. 

TheEagleman is sure that Big Albert Owens is a fine man of God from all that I have heard about the kid....and agree that he has had to deal with a lot of changes over his four seasons at ORU....he had some big games and showed what he was capable of....just not enough of them and a lot of inconsistency especially the past two seasons....guess I was just disappointed, that's all.....but TheEagleman wishes him all the best after he leaves ORU....I wish him well in whatever he decides to do with his life.....:y::eagles::y:

The same thing that you're saying about Owens is the same thing you've said about almost every ORU player (Emagano, Billbury, Niles, DBH, Domo, Glover, etc.) in the last 10-12 years except for the Caleb green led teams.  Although Morrison did get ORU to the NIT in 2012. 

• Upvote 2