ORU at Omaha

theeagleman5

ORU pulling away for the win!

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE REVERSE HEX!!

If I had actually BET on Omaha, ORU would have won by TWENTY! LOL. 

Yeah...ORU is gonna hang on and TheEagleman is going to win both of his small wagers tonight.....this is an nice road win going into Sioux Falls....gives us some hope for a possible win over probably Denver or Fort Wayne....:clap::eagles:

ORU made that a bit more interesting than it should have been with missed FT's, a turnover, and not playing any defense.

Overall, good fight from ORU in the second half.

ORU 83-75....TheEagleman is pleased but a little surprised.....Big night for Albert with 21 and Javan a double-double with 14/12....Ruder gets 17 but took enough long range shots to get it.....Harris and Kearns also in double figures.....if we can ever get E-Man going this ORU team could be a pleasant surprise in March.....but getting ahead of myself....Coach Mills has gotta be happy with this effort tonight.....8)

Maybe some momentum heading into the tournament? 

Anyone know the last time we won a tourney game? 

Short turnaround for NDSU, with a 1pm tip for Omaha on Senior Day. 

Maybe I should just go ahead and pick NDSU to win; thus locking a Mav victory instead and a No. 5 seed for ORU (though like ORUBlue82, I think ORU’s best route to winning a game or two in Sioux Falls is from the 6 spot).

I would much rather face Denver or IPFW than either South Dakota School.

Oh, by the way:  only ORU’s second road win in conference play in two years (74-68 at IUPUI February 11th of last season was the single one in 2016-17). 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I would much rather face Denver or IPFW than either South Dakota School.

Correct me if I’m wrong:  ORU’s win tonight guarantees no worse than a 6th place finish, meaning they now avoid the XDSU’s on Saturday, and will play either Fort Wayne or Denver on Sunday. 

Right?

2 hours ago, ORU82 said:

Correct OT.

All things considered, I can’t imagine a much better place for ORU to be in the first round. 

Feels just the same as finishing 3rd or 4th. 

TheEagleman thinks that ORU will have a reasonable shot to win against Fort Wayne or Denver on a neutral floor if we play like we did last night. But let's see how this weekend shakes out and we should know on Sunday who will be our next opponent....:geek: