ORU at Omaha

theeagleman5

A victory on Thursday night in Omaha would put ORU in at least the 6th seed in Sioux Falls and we would avoid both SD and SDSU and likely draw Fort Wayne or Denver.....just sayin'........:geek:

Or, how about a victory Thursday night would be only the second league win for ORU since starting out 3-0 (remember the bracketology talk at the time?)

Or, would be ORU's 9th win in 28 tries this year vs D-1 competition? (8-19 vs. D-1 teams so far this year; sobering 2-1 vs. non-D1).

Or, would prevent ORU from suffering through just their third 22-loss season in over 50 years of competition (5-22 in '92-'93 when returning to D-1 from NAIA; and last season).

Or, would keep Paul Mills from having (arguably) the worst head coaching debut in ORU history (Hall-of-Famer Bill Self uncorked a 6-21 stinker in his first season at ORU in '93-'94 against a tougher independent schedule, so there's that).

Plenty of reasons to play inspired basketball in Omaha!

This is a very winnable game for ORU.....we beat these guys by 19 albeit in early January when the Good Guys were playing their best basketball of the season.....I guess we shall see if these Golden Eagles have any heart and gas left in the tank on Thursday night......TheEagleman doesn't really know what to expect.....:tmi::eagles::tmi:

When ORU crushed Florida Gulf Coast in mid December, I never thought that it would be the last road win of the 2017-18 season......TheEagleman has analyzed hours of film on these two teams and I agree that we aren't very good right now....but the thing is....Omaha isn't very good either....they are 9-19 on the season and 4-8 in the Summit.....but....the Mavericks are 4-1 at home in the Summit with games left this week vs. ORU and NDSU....still, I think we have a shot.....yeah, it's probably a small shot.....we need to play better defense and shoot better from the outside....I know....and President Trump needs to stop tweeting.....none of this is probably going to happen.....this season has been a dumpster fire except for that 3-4 week span in mid December to early January....the only win we have since then was on a fluke 3 point bomb at the buzzer vs. NDSU.....we could win here but it's not likely to happen.....ORU comes up just short again at Omaha in a tough 84-80 defeat....on to Sioux Falls!....:tmi::eagles::tmi:

Vegas also sees tonight's matchup as a close one....Omaha only -2.5.....the O/U is 151.5.....tough one to call but TheEagleman is leaning towards ORU and the over....but will need to contemplate more....both of these teams not very dependable.....and hard to go against the Mavericks at home....:geek:

Ouch.....you really think ORU has packed it in?....heck, we almost beat Denver last Sunday which makes me think the guys will at least battle.....I agree it should be OVER but wondering if ORU can't stay close to Omaha....I would get ORU +8.5 if I tease it....agree we are likely to lose but not sure the Mavs can blow us out.....:geek:

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Ouch.....you really think ORU has packed it in?....heck, we almost beat Denver last Sunday which makes me think the guys will at least battle.....I agree it should be OVER but wondering if ORU can't stay close to Omaha....I would get ORU +8.5 if I tease it....agree we are likely to lose but not sure the Mavs can blow us out.....:geek:

As evangelist Joyce Myers likes to say:  "I may be wrong...but I think I'm right."

She's pretty much ALWAYS wrong....but in this case you could be right.....:geek:

35-35 at half...These next 5 minutes are key because the last 5 minutes were awful....E-man needs to get involved....:eagles:

A few minutes into the 2nd half and Ruder has already attempted ten 3's this game?

What the ____? Over

POUND THE BALL INSIDE!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Ruder should stop shooting 3 pointers....he stinks.....3-10 so far early in the 2nd half.....TheEagleman is not a huge fan.....We have 3 big men....let's pass it inside you idiots!!!......:n:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Old Titan said:

As evangelist Joyce Myers likes to say:  "I may be wrong...but I think I'm right."

6 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

She's pretty much ALWAYS wrong....but in this case you could be right.....:geek:

As someone with a slightly more than passing interest in sports betting (but hopefully less than Eagleman) and a significant interest in this message board (but much less than either of you), I have to say: you haven't been great at prognosticating ORU games against the spread this year!

• Like 1

Geez...this has become a blowout for the Good Guys...who would have thunk it?....big nights for Albert and Javan....and an easy win for TheEagleman.....I took ORU +2.5......and also a small teaser with O/U....that's still up in the air.......:eagles:

NDSU is losing to WIU.  Possible 5th seed for ORU.  If WIU holds on tonight and Omaha beats NDSU Saturday

• Like 1