Sign in to follow this  
74Titan

2018-19 Men's BasketballRoster

theeagleman5

That works for me, Lurker.... TheEagleman may set the over/under for wins a bit higher for 2018-19. Once the schedule is finalized and we see who is on campus in September we will know more....maybe at least 12.5...:eagles:

ORUTerry
2 hours ago, ORUParentLurker said:

Combo guards have made a comeback, just in case anyone wasn't paying attention.  The true PG who can't shoot is going away.  I'm also pretty sure that Mills wants to have 2 ball handlers on the court.  So I expect Sam and RJ to fill those requirements.  Whether or not you believe Sam is a PG, he still led the team and was 2nd in the whole conference in assists.   He played over a 1000 minutes, also 2nd in the conference.  Sam was also named the team MVP.  Keep your expectations low if you want.   They always say the biggest jump is from year one to year two.  Sam, RJ and Emir are all in Year Two.  

I don't think the backcourt is going to be an issue.  Mainly because I think we have solid players coming back and if the new guys beat them out it means they are VERY good.  We probably could worry again if we have two guards drop off the team early in the season like we did last year.

I didn't intend to downplay Kearn's accomplishments at point guard last year; he averaged over 3 assists per game and was a good passer/ball handler. It just would be good if he could concentrate on shooting more than setting up his teammates. We need a consistent outside shooting threat.

ORUALUMNUS99

Do not be surprised if many of these new guys take some spots. Coach Mills fought valiantly this past year but it was fairly obvious that he was forced to do things he didn't want to do with everyone on last years team. I expect Sam and Emmanuel to be the only two starters who played significantly on last years team. 

ORUJason

Kearns was a significant contributor last year.  He brought stability to the guard position, especially after Ruder was injured.  As good as Kennedy Milton hopefully will be, and as hopeful as we are that RJ will progress, it is important to have some veteran experience at guard, and Kearns will provide that as a combo guard.  Kearns’ versatility will give Coach Mills more flexibility with his lineups.

ORUParentLurker

Modern basketball is to have as many guys as possible who can dribble, pass, and shoot.  If we can put 5 on the floor who can do these things we'll see everyone's stats improve and more importantly the wins will come.